60 minutes

Ana

I had to be losing my mind. There is no other rational explanation as to why I would willingly agree to spend a whole hour, one whole hour, with the stupid mutt. There were very few explanations apart from losing my mind. Like I was momentarily possessed, or the world was ending. One full hour, urgh I'm such an idiot.

The dog agreed to turn up at 6 today, to 'talk', but I could feel his stupid presence outside the house in the woods the entire day. Let's not forget about the night where his wolf laid as close to the fenced boundary as he could and whimpered.

"Ana. Can we talk?" Jo spoke through my bedroom door.

"Yea come in." I told her getting up from lying on the bed like I had just lost the will to live.

Jo slowly walked in followed by Matt who both sat on the chairs placed near a small coffee table. I love decorating my room, which also goes beyond the point of me being the idiot who invited the one person I hated on the planet to spend time with for an hour. I went and fell onto my bed face first again.

"What happened last night? I mean, I didn't know they were wolves. I'm so sorry I invited them, but you told us to act natural but you were so rude to them." Oh, sweet Jo.

"Yeah, I'm not apologizing for that. I'm such an idiot." I groaned into my pillow.

"Ana, can you please explain." Matt asked slightly annoyed being left in the dark.

"Don't sound surprised but that stupid dog is my mate." I told them facing them slightly.

"Mate?" Jo asked.

"It's a supernatural thing, It's basically a short form for the word soulmate. The wolves believe a mate is someone the Moon Goddess has chosen for them and them alone. They are very possessive and protective of their mates." I groaned back.

There was a second of silence before Matt burst out laughing, Jo looked thrilled and hit Matt across his head to shut him up.

"Aren't you happy you found yours?" Jo asked ever so sweetly.

"No, he is a dog!" I exclaimed.

"But I thought they were one of the most loyal and dedicated of all of the supernatural creatures." Jo continued. Oh Jo, sweet innocent Jo.

"Sure they are loyal and dedicated, but only to their packs and they don't care about anybody else. They hate other supernatural creatures with horrifying passion. The King's pack is also feared for having killed thousands of non-wolves in the past decade alone. Wolves are horrible, horrible creatures." I explain.

Jo looked a little green while Matt just took it in stride.

"But they were so nice, the people who came over yesterday are so gentle and sweet. Jeremy Brian has saved so many lives and his wife runs a food drive for the homeless throughout the country." She whispers low.

"You can believe what you want to, I don't want to be involved with them, plus I have killed far too many of them to be able to face them." Sadness laced my voice.

I did not regret it, war is a war but the number of innocents who have died is very depressing.

"If you're his mate, then you will be part of the pack. They will keep you safe right?" Ever so optimistic Jo.

"They think I am a normal, naïve human. They do not know what I have done and what I am capable of. They do not know all the information that I have stored up here." I pointed to my head sitting up.