Lowery

The sweet smell of clean sheets laid under my nose. With the soft blankets over my body, warming me up just to the perfect temperature. I love sleeping, I really do. One thing I hate about it, is the part when it ends. Then, when it just ends, you have to participate in god dam life. I think just what I'm going to do today is making me cringe. 

"Wake up."

My heart stopped, my back shot up. Looking around the room as fast as I can. Of course, there it was, laying next to me under the sheets, "Stephen what the f*ck are you-?"

His pointer finger set over my mouth rather sloppily, "Shush, needed advice." 

Shook my face free, made sure I tried to spit on his hand slightly. "So you came in my house," the thought of him doing this freaks me out, "how long have you been here Stephen!" What if I woke up and just saw him. Didn't think straight, and possibly stabbed the sh*t out of him? Or think it was a rapist, call the cops? What if, it really was a serial killer. Then out of consious I'd think it would be f*cking Stephen!

I felt deprived of Stephen's smile though, "Sorry! Is Brian pissed or something?" He rubbed his wet finger on my cheek. 

Brian wasn't really pissed, nor was he glad of what Stephen was doing. He wanted John to meet him yesterday, he wanted to make a good impression on John his first actual day. He wanted John and the band to start off on a good foot. But, it's not a bad thing meeting someone else on the second day. He shouldn't be worried. "I'm sure," I rested my back on the headboard, "he won't be."

He nodded his head quickly, "Good!" As weird as Stephen is, this is by far the strangest things he's done. Him sneaking in my bed, and oddly now moving closer to me still. Stephen is one of those crazy strange amazing friend type of guys. Which are getting rarer and rarer in seconds in this world. But I'm sure he won't change his trustworthy side. Or his high-spirited weirdness, that will be there till the dawn of time. 

"How have you've been?" My legs stretched far out in front, covered my mouth quickly hiding my yawn. Somewhat still drowsy, we all stayed at Jeordie's until two to might even three in the morning? Almost fell asleep driving, Brian stayed at Jeordie's, again. For what I know, he hasn't gone back to his house in awhile. Jeordie kinda varies his secrets out loud when he's crazed drunk. Brian was already passed out for that matter. So there was no chance of anyone stopping for what Jeordie said. 

Stephen simply sighed, "Normal." He huffed the word, normal has always been one of those boring words. 

I hated feeling like I had to say it. But it kinda just flew out of my mouth, "Was Zim alright?" Kinda stupid of me to bring this up now, while it's still fresh. Even if another month passes by I'm positive it will still be a fresh wound. Things like that don't just heal automatically. 

Stephen bit his lip, with his eyes returning back to that look. That scared, lonesome look that I don't want to see. I like it when he's happy. Really wish I didn't bring the subject back up. "He was alright." 

His eyes started filling up with gloss, on the edge of falling. But they didn't, the glossy liquid just staid exactly where it was. He didn't break, not all the way. And that goes for the whole situation, "I'm sorry." 

He didn't say anything, not a word. I could see his determination, of not truly letting his emotions free. I hope he knows I'd support him no matter what. Wouldn't make fun of him for crying, or anything retarded like that. Stephen had plucked me up when I was down before in the past. A lot of times, just by him doing something incredibly stupid. And somehow he made me either laugh, or smile. Sometimes that'd make me even more mad, since I wanted to be alone. I would always appreciate it though afterwards.