Chapter Thirty-Eight: Graveyard Talks

Hayley's P.O.V.

"Taylor, I think I'm going to go out for a while, I have to do some things, so can you stay with Lacey?" I ask him as he watches me from the couch, holding our child. She's a two weeks old now, and is growing every day. It's hard to believe all that's happened, and I think I'm still In denial, but what's done is done. Taylor and I publicly announced the baby after three days, and the commentary is still everywhere. No one knows what to think anymore, honestly.

Most of the things said were shocked people, who question what is to happen with the band, and why I didn't announce being pregnant. Rumors of me are floating around about how Lacey was a mistake, and Taylor and I were acting immature. They don't need to know anything though, and they probably won't for a long, long time. The Paramore fans we still have are mostly dying of 'Tayley feels', whatever that means, and some are in as much denial as I am.

Taylor and I have gotten what we need though, and I believe for that to be the most important part. We can prove to not only the public, but my mom, that we can do this. Even without her supporting us in any way. I haven't even spoken to her since I was in the hospital, actually. "Where are you going?" Taylor asks me curiously, our eyes glued to each other.

"I'm going to pick up some flowers for my dad, Erica, and Lacey," I explain quietly. It's been almost two long and busy weeks since I last got to visit them, so these flowers are long overdue.

"Will you be okay?" he asks softly, Lacey giggling about silly nothings in his arms.

"I think so. Don't worry about me," I reply sitting on the end of the couch. Taylor hands me Lacey so I can say goodbye to her, and I smile at her bright eyes. "Mommy's going to see you soon," I tell her, kissing her tiny forehead. "I love you,"

"Do I get one of those too?" Taylor asks goofily, sticking his bottom lip out at me. I sigh and stand up with Lacey, and quickly put her in her crib upstairs, as she falls asleep almost immediately. The thing about Lacey Winter, is that she's probably the calmest baby you'll ever know.

Once down the stairs, I jump back onto my couch, and pull Taylor by his collar toward me, holding onto it with one hand and wrapping my other hand around his neck. Our lips move in unison until I'm in Taylor's lap, and he chuckles into our shared moment. Soon we both pull away for air, all giggles and grins. "That exceeded my expectations," Taylor admits, his peaceful eyes shining bright.

"What were your expectations?" I ask the dork, our foreheads leaning against on another.

"Something like this," he answers kissing my cheek, leaving it to tingle. "Or like this," he says softly pecking my lips, as I grin from ear to ear. "Or even like this," With that, he kisses me lightly for just the right amount of time, making my chest want to explode right here, right now.

"Taylor, you're killing me," I confess pulling away from his millions of sweet kisses. "I have to go now,"

"No don't go! I really, really like you," Taylor responds pulling me into his lap, and burying his face in my neck, causing me to giggle.

"If I eat a nice, big salad tonight will you let me buy some flowers? I'll even kiss you again...and when Lacey's asleep, we'll show Angela just how badly she's loosing to us right now," I suggest, in an awkwardly abnormal mood.

"What did giving birth do to you?" Taylor asks me kissing my nose softly. "I'm okay with it whatever it did. Spongebob is going to eat salad!"

"Don't get too excited, Mr. Dork," I tell him, still in his lap.

"I can't help it! You're doing so well!" Taylor says smiling. I am, aren't I? I guess it's because of Lacey and the fact that Angela is not making any moves. Once she does though, that'll probably end it; I know something huge is coming our way, I can feel it.

"Love you," I say kissing his nose and standing up.

"Love you more," Taylor replies softly. Does he though? I don't think anyone could love someone as much as I love this man. I've never put so much faith into a single person before, but for whatever reason, I don't care that I'm trusting him not the pull the trigger I handed him last year. I trust he'll act as my shield and not the reason I need one.

-----

"I named my new daughter after you, you know," I tell the stone in front of me, staring at the bright flowers I've placed leaning against it. "She's beautiful, just like you. She has bright eyes like you did, and a huge smile. I'm sure she would've loved you, Lacey," I explain softly, my knees in the grass.

"I never intended for you to have Taylor's child, you know. I got lucky," I hear an all too familiar voice say. I grab my phone from my pocket and quickly find Taylor's name, clicking call, and I silence it so I can't hear him, but he can hear me. I stick it in my pocket and pretend nothing happened as Angela walks closer to me.

"What do you want now?" I hiss at the tall blonde woman as I stand up.

"The same thing I've always wanted, Williams. For you to join these disgusting people's bones," she responds, not showing any sign of emotion at all.

"Can we not talk about this here?" I ask of her, concerned for the broken soul I've caused to end up here.

"Good idea. Let's talk about it on that great, big hill you and your precious Taylor like to go," Angela suggests with a small smile.

"Let me ask you something first. What did Chad's family do to you that started all of this?" I ask quietly, not daring to move. Before she answers, Angela has to take a moment to process.

"His father killed my parents you dumbass! It wasn't that hard to find out if you would stop pitying yourself for five minutes! Chad was the product of a murderer and had to be killed! He loved you, so why not kill him through everyone he loved? You are the one who keeps getting out alive though, and that's what I need to fix. You need to die, so I don't have to look at your disgusting face again," she explains with a cracking voice. I've never seen Angela so vulnerable before, and it's giving me the advantage.

"So you want me dead because I fell in love with a murderers son? You want me dead because of something my ex-boyfriend's father did? Because I'm the only one you've wanted dead that isn't already six feet below the ground?!" I yell. "I did nothing to you, honey, so you need to leave me and my loved ones alone. It's none of my business what goes on in that, now dead, family. It's over and you're Queen, so stop acting like you need to be King of the World!"

"Don't you dare speak to me that way, you little bitch! You will die if it's the last death I get to witness!" Angela screams at me in the empty graveyard. Before I know it, she has me by the collar as I scream for her to leave me alone.

"Get off of me!" I scream loudly, all of a sudden nervous.

"Take one last look Williams, this will be your new home soon," she tells me as her hand quickly finds their way to my neck.

"You sure you want to do this in plain sight?" I ask before she starts to squeeze me throat, making me cough loudly.

"Good point," she says dragging me out of the graveyard and into a black van. She throws me in the back and I hit my head on the side on the empty vehicle, making me dizzy and in even more pain. I let out a scream and try to open to back doors, but they're locked. I'm pretty sure Taylor heard everything though, and if I'm lucky he will find me.

"What the hell is wrong with you? I have a daughter that needs me!" I scream to Angela. It's like the vans seats have been taken out, apart from the driver seat, and now it's just a hollow shell.

"Once you die, I'll leave them all alone," Angela replies shrugging her shoulders, driving in the direction of the hill she mentioned earlier. Is this the end? Will this be my end, or just the end of the beginning?

---------------------------------------------------------------------

It's ending soon! We have the final battle now! Ahhh!

30 reads, 13 votes, and 4 comments for next chapter.