Three: Bakery

지민
jimin

It was Sunday morning

My hyungs and I are inside Namjoon's car wandering the streets of Daegu.

"Are you sure about this?" Jin hyung asked. He was sitted at the front beside Namjoon hyung who is currently driving while I was sat at the back.

"Im sure of it!" I semi-shouted.

"I meant Joon, Jimin. Are you sure that we're going to the correct bakery?" Jin hyung asked.

I looked at Namjoon hyung who had his eyebrows furrowed, concentrated on the road.

"Hyung, I already told you that I've been there before and I know someone named Taehyung who lives around there." Namjoon hyung replied to Jin hyung.

It still mesmerizes me how Namjoon hyung coincidentally knows a bakery similar to the one in my dream and a guy with the same name.

"Anyways Jimin, you never told us the name of the guy we're looking for." Jin hyung said after he turned around to look at me.

"To be honest, He never said it or was it ever mentioned in my dreams. Well there are times I almost found out but I just end up waking up befor I do. If only I knew hyung, things would've been a whole lot easier." I said with all honesty.

"Why are we looking for him again?" Namjoon hyung asked while his eyes were still on the road.

"Oh. Umm, I don't know?" I said shyly.

The car suddenly halted to a stop. And I looked up to see my hyungs staring at me.

"So what is this trip for then?" Jin hyung asked after raising one of his brows.

"Stop staring! I don't know? Maybe I want to stop these dreams? Maybe I want to meet him? Maybe I'll regain my memories! Maybe I'll be much better from all the stress I've had this past year?!" I finally said, letting out my frustrations.

"Jimin." Namjoon hyung started.

"We're sorry okay? We'll help you find him." Jin hyung finished with a smile.

"I'm sorry for the trouble as well hyungs." I apologized.

"B-but why did we stopped?" I added.

Namjoon hyung just smiled at me and said "We're here."

We were infact, already here. I am currently standing on the street, facing two buildings that were oh so familiar.

An apartment complex and a bakery.

"Good afternoon, how may I help you?" A lady greeted me as I entered the bakery.

Namjoon and Seokjin hyung followed after I entered, they were now looking around the bakery and Jin hyung was already grabbing some bread.

I eyed the lady that greeted us. She wasn't familiar and based on my notes, she wasn't the same lady as the one in my dream.

"Is a woman in her umm late 40s work here? She has a son named.." I looked at my notebook again since I forgot the name "Jungkook?" I continued.

"Oh Ms. Jeon is out of the country until next next week. I'm currently handling the bakery until then." She said with a smile.

"Oh but how about Jungkook and Taehyung? Are they around here?" I added.

I don't wanna sound so nosy but I have to.

"Oh. Umm Jungkook's gone. And Taehyung's visiting him right now." She said but her smile was now gone.

I felt a bad aura and decided to just leave the bakery. Jin hyung bought some bread and decided to give me and Namjoon hyung one bread each.

"Feed yourselves. The drive was a few hours long and both of you haven't eaten the whole time!" Jin hyung demanded.

"So how did it go?" Namjoon asked, changing the topic.

"Fortunately, we're at the right area. Unfortunately, the people I was looking for isn't here and that lady doesn't looks like she knows me." I said bitterly.

"Well we still have that apartment to check." Jin hyung said enthusiastically.

No one.

No one lives at the apartment complex except the old woman at the first apartment, who sadly has alzheimer's and doesn't remember anything.

"So what are we gonna do now?" Joon hyung asked.

"I don't know."

When we were about to head to the car, a woman approached us.

"Oh! Are you here to rent the apartment? Finally! You know, since the old owner left and gave me this apartment complex, no one stayed here except that old woman. So? Do you want a tour?"

We weren't going to rent it but a tour was obviously nice.

"So this was previously owned by a couple and when they left for a reason that I don't know, they didn't bring their stuff with them so we just decided to leave it there since we thought they might have donated it and the previous owner said that the couple who lived here was very nice and didn't asked to get their belongings." The woman said while we were walking on a hallway.

We were at the living room and like she said, it was fully furnished.

The apartment was designed like how I would have liked it and it makes me feel at home even if it wasn't mine.

"Their belongings include their personal stuff and we haven't cleaned up BUT if you decided to rent, we will help you guys clean this area!" The woman added and she smiled at us.

"Jimin, we will talk to the woman outside and we'll let you roam around. We'll try our best to take as long as possible. Try to remember anything okay?" Jin hyung suggested to me. I answered with a nod and they started doing what they said they would.

"You aren't coming honey?" The woman called me before she left the door.

"Oh, I just wanna look around more."

"Suit yourself. No one's been in those rooms and we don't know what it contains so be careful." The woman said.

After they left, I was left alone in the living room.

With my hands at my back, I roamed around the area. I was humming some tune I don't know when I saw the rooms.

I didn't mind the owner's warnings so I decided to go inside.

There were three doors. I decided to go at the door in the middle first which apparently was just a bathroom and there was nothing much.

I then tried to open the door at the left. It was locked.

Where's the key though?

I tried reaching the top of the doorframe which wasn't that easy since I wasn't that much blessed with height. After a few tries, I felt a small piece of metal and when I pulled it, it was a key.

I tried inserting it at the keyhole. There was a click and then it opened.

Wow, am I lucky.

I pushed the door open and when I got in, a piano greeted me. When I turned left, I saw it.

No, scratch that.

I saw him.

"Jiminnie?"