Chapter 2

Tobias POV:

We walk through the abandoned security checkpoint without stopping. On the other side, I see Cara. The side of her face is badly bruised, and there's a bandage on her head, but that's not what concerns me. What concerns me is the troubled look on her face.

"What is it?"

Cara shakes her head.

"Where's Tris?" I say.

"I'm sorry, Tobias."

"Sorry about what?" Christina says roughly. "Tell us what happened!"

"Tris went into the Weapons Lab instead of Caleb," Cara says. "She survived the death serum, and set of the memory serum, but she...(from this point on is my writing) we think she was shot. We heard gunshots and screaming. We didn't check yet because the death serum could still be in the air and we don't want to take any risks." She says strained. "Tobias," She sighs and raises her head to be eye level with me. "We think she's dead."

Tris POV:

I wake up with my faced pressed up against cool tiles. They are no longer white, but red. Dark red. I must have been here for at least an hour. 

I look up to see a blurry image of David slumped in his chair like the last time I saw him, just without my mother behind him.

I shakily move my hand forward, trying to get some leverage. Wincing frequently as I grasp the floor and carefully push myself up. I groan as my bloody arm hesitantly lifts me up. I am almost near the metal table when my warm blood gets under my frail hand. I come crashing down, landing on my chest. I cry out in pain for the logest time, I don't even realize David is stirring slightly in his wheelchair. 

Shit.

I no longer try to stand anymore and try to drag my practically lifeless body through the corridors. I heave myself across the tiles, leaving behind me a trail of red liquid. 

I am passing through the Weapons Lab doors when my vision turns cloudy again. Not again. I try to keep my eyes open and focus on my task. Survive. That's all I've ever done in this world. I never had much time to have fun and be a teenager. Wars tend to take away a persons teenage opportunities. 

I fight off the darkness until I realize where I am. I am in the hallway right outside of the atrium and the security checkpoint. That's probably where they are. I pull my bloody body the last couple of feet and I turn my head around the narrow coner. That's when I see him.

"Tobias." 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry, that was a short chapter. I just wanted to think my ideas over a bit before I wrote them. Please read and comment. Tell me what you think. (Hint On Next Chapters: Tris and Tobias fight a bit.)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------