02 ✧ 𝐼'𝓂 𝑅𝑒𝒶𝒹𝓎, 𝒜𝓇𝑒 𝒴𝑜𝓊?

☆彡

☆彡

As you walked through your apartment complex you noticed that a lot of your close neighbors were giving you a few odd looks.

You don't think they were bad looks but maybe a little confused? Probably because you're holding a Hybrid in your arms when you've told many of them multiple times that you would never get one yourself. Mostly because you don't have the time to care for one like you're supposed to for them to grow up into adult Hybrids so it never even crossed your mind.

Point being, you never had the time to even think about getting one with school and work on your shoulders but now...now you're not so sure.

You finally got to your door. Struggling to get the keys out of your back pocket with the Hybrid—Taehyung—taking up most of your arms, you really couldn't get to them without having to put him down and you didn't want to wake him up. You held him close as you debated on what to do in your current dilemma but luckily someone was there to help you.

"Looking for this?" A gentle voice said from behind you, not caring one bit about personal space as he reached down and grabbed your keys from your back pocket, hand dangerously close to your butt.

Startled, you quickly turned around and sighed out in relief. It was your next door neighbor, Jeon Jungkook, handing you your keys with that signature smile of his.

"Oh my—you scared me, Jungkook! I thought some weirdo touched my ass..." You whispered out so you wouldn't wake up Taehyung in your arms.

Jungkook chuckled at your reaction and stuffed his hands in his front pockets, playful smirk tugging at his pretty pink lips before saying, "So, what you're telling me is that it's okay if I touch your ass?"

"Of course not—why are we even having this conversation?—um, thanks for handing me these," You say flustered, swinging the keys back and forth in your hand. "Now I can get inside my house."

Jungkook hummed in response and held back his laughter at how flustered you were in his presence and at his words. Jungkook was an attractive guy so of course you're going to be a little nervous around him. Especially since he always teases you like this even when you've told him many times that you have boyfriend.

But, I guess that really isn't the case now is it?

As you fumble with your keys, Jungkook speaks up again. "So, who's this?" He asks, eyeing the sleeping Hybrid in your arms. You weren't sure if lying was the best thing to do but if everything goes as planned then it really isn't a complete lie.

"His name is Taehyung. He's my Hybrid..." You let out slowly and Jungkook was almost too excited as he leaned in to get a better look at him.

"I have one too, his name is Jimin! Maybe they can play with each other sometime! Doesn't that sound fun?" Jungkook says excited, his eyes bright at the suggestion. You didn't think it was a bad idea at all. You didn't even know Jungkook had one and you wondered what his looked like as you nodded, door finally opening.

"Sounds great! Let's talk about it tomorrow though, he's sleepy." You say, gently patting Taehyung's back. Jungkook nodded in understanding and after an awkward but very flirtatious goodbye from Jungkook, you finally stepped inside and shut your door, happy to be home.

Too many things happened today and you still weren't sure if bringing Taehyung back with you was a huge mistake but what are you going do now? The least you can do is care for his wounds and see if you can get him into bed.

You brought him into your room and set him down, waking him up from his nap. As he sat on the edge of your bed, feet barely touching the ground since he was so small, he rubbed both of his eyes as his fluffy brown tail curled around his tiny waist.

He was wearing a tight fitted white shirt and blue shorts that barely got to his knees. He wasn't even wearing shoes and you could see he had a couple dark marks on his legs and arms, no doubt from the man that hurt him earlier. You were in shock of how horribly he's been treated until now and all you wanted was for him to be happy even though you didn't know this Hybrid at all.

"Hey little guy, my name is (y/n). I know you're tired but you have to get ready for bed, okay?" You whispered and he slowly began to look around, fear setting in as he realized where he was.

"W-Where did you take me?" He asks terrified and you kneeled down so you were at his level.

"I carried you back to my home. You were bleeding so I wanted to help you. I won't hurt you, I promise." You said and Taehyung seemed extremely cautious. But the fear in his eyes immediately turned into tears and he was now all of a sudden bawling in his hands.

You were panicking and tried to find the right words to say so that he wouldn't be so scared anymore. But he beat you to it as he spoke out in quick hiccups.

"This always happens to me...I always need help and someone is....always nice to me...and then he hits me...he hits me for liking anyone else but him.I don't want to be hit again...please." Tears and snot were now all over him as he continued to sob into his hands and anger sparked inside you the more he explained his situation.

How could anyone treat someone as precious as this so horribly? How cruel do you have to be? How evil?

You peeled Taehyung's small hands away from his face. Grabbing some tissues nearby, you wiped all of the tears and snot away from his cheeks and nose and he calmed down the more you simply just cleaned him up in silence.

His big chocolate brown eyes watched you intently as you continued to carefully wipe away his tears.

"Taehyung, no one should ever treat you like that man did. Owners are supposed to love their Hybrids. Keep them safe and care for them so they can grow up happy. That man was way out of line so I want you to forget everything he's ever told you and listen to me."

His ears slowly perked up as you went on, throwing the tissues away and holding his tiny face in your hands lovingly, big eyes on you and only you in that moment.

"You are not someone's property. Owners care for their Hybrids as if they were their own child. That's why I want you to make a decision, a choice for yourself only."

"A choice?" His voice was so small. You couldn't help but smile at him and his big round eyes.

"Yes, a choice. Tonight, you're sleeping here but tomorrow if you want...I can take you back to your owner or you can stay with me. I think I'm ready."

"Ready?" He asks, your hands caressing his face gently so he wouldn't cry anymore as he looked up at you.

You were serious, face stone cold as you said your next words wholeheartedly.

"I think I'm ready to take care of you, to take care of a Hybrid. The important question is if you'll let me try."

ミ☆