Chapter 5: Babies part2

"So Skul." Valkyrie was in the kitchen with Skulduggery sitting opposite her. He was reading the newspaper and acknowledged her with a "Hmm?" as he flipped a page.

"Have you ever thought about a family before?"

"What?" Skulduggery placed his newspaper down on the table in front of him, shocked at her words.

"You know. A family. Settling down with children. That sort of thing?"

"I suppose we haven't really had the time to touch on the subject. But in our line of work, having a child isn't the smartest thing to do, Valkyrie. It could be very dangerous for he or she due to what we do. The fact that we are retired doesn't change the fact that we have enemies. I can't speak for you, but I know that this isn't the type of life I would ever want for our child. "

"I know. But don't you think it would be nice though? To have someone to always come home to and a new addition to the family? It doesn't have to be just the two of us anymore. We'd have someone, a living being to care for. Doesn't that thought alone put a smile on your face?"

"Yes. I suppose. However. Do we agree that we will not jump into any drastic measures should this subject befall on either one of us?  That we will not speak for the other?"

"Agreed."

A/N:
Apologies for the very short chapter. I couldn't really think of anything and my phone is about to run out of battery...