Sin and Seduction

"Luca you're scaring me." I said stepping back on shaky feet. My heel ran into the baseboard & my body pressed lightly into the wall. I had no where left to go. I was trapped.

He stared into his glass of scotch & grinned wickedly. "What scares you exactly Charlotte? Is it the gun attached to hip right now? Is the idea that at least two of my men are watching this play out on the security camera right now? Is it the bounty out on your head right now for 2 fucking mafia families?" He looked up at me suddenly & inched toward me. I swallowed hard. I didn't want him near me right now. I wanted the wall to open up & swallow me whole. Now he was only mere inches from my face. "Or is it something else tesoro?"

His had caressed my cheek softly & I squeezed my eyes shut. A small tear escaped & he brushed it off with his thumb.

"Luca please." I whispered.

"Tell me what scares you Charlotte. You've seen me kill a man, you've been in my clubs, you've known what I am all along. Is it me, the mafia boss, you're scared of or is it me, your boyfriend, you're scared of?"

I let out a breathe I hadn't realized I was holding as his fingers intertwined in my hair. His grip tightened.

"Is there a difference?" I croaked out.

I felt a smirk spread across his lips. He let go of my hair & turned from me in a one motion picking up the glass in front of him. He stared at it again for second before sending it flying into the wall. I shrieked & covered my mouth instinctively. Glass shards flew across the room, the shrill sound even startling him. He looked back to me, the anger gone from his eyes.

Even in the dark, I could see tears forming in his eyes. "Why didn't you leave when you had the chance?"

--

Charlotte was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Luca saved her.

Neither of them had any idea how drastically their lives would change. Her, the young, confident art gallery owner. Him, the domineering, feared Don of the mafia.

Author: wingandaprayer

Status: Completed
*There is a sequal*