18

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN | DID YOU?

__________

you are at once both the quiet and the confusion of my heart.

-franz kafka

__________

Bella hadn't exactly meant to allow it to go so far. But she did. And now she had a hickey the size of Australia on her neck. And just to her luck, she was all out of liquid foundation ( she tried using the powder to cover it up but it just did not work ). When she saw Peter in school she was going to kill him.

Oh, God, she could only begin to imagine what her friends would say. Cursing quietly, she began braiding her hair to the side so that it would cover her neck. It was too hot out for a scarf or turtleneck, so she would have to make do with powder foundation and a braid.

Of course, she should have known it wouldn't work. As soon as she greeted her friends by Cara's locker, they swarmed on her.

"Oh, my God," Abby scoffed. "Is that a hickey?"

"Shut up," Bella grumbled, slapping her hand to her neck.

"That thing is huge!" Arden cackled. "Wait, holy shit! Did you and Parker fu--"

"NO!" Bella shouted.

A couple people passing by in the hallway glanced at her oddly. Rolling her eyes, Bella straightened her back and lowered her voice.

"Oh, they definitely did," Marissa said. "I mean, you guys have seen they way they act around each other. They've definitely been doing it for months now."

"How big is his dick?" Cara asked.

"I don't know!" Bella hissed. "We haven't done it. We're only fifteen. Maybe when we're sixteen--"

"When you're sixteen," Liz snickered. "Bella, you're gonna be sixteen in less than a month."

"That is besides the point," Bella snapped with a scowl. On the other end of the hallway, she could see Peter walking up to his locker. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go kill my boyfriend."

Peter smiled widely at Bella once he saw her approaching. The sight of his straight, white teeth, fluffy curls, and dimples drained all annoyance out of her body. The only way she wanted to attack him now, was with her lips against his neck.

"Come with me," Bella muttered, grabbing him by the bicep and yanking him outside.

She led him behind the school and pulled him close as she leaned her back against the wall.

"Wanna come over to study after school today?" Bella murmured, grabbing one of his hands and intertwining her fingers with his.

Peter groaned quietly. "I can't. I have the internship."

"You have that every day," Bella pouted. "Tell Tony Stark to screw off so you can spend time with your beautiful girlfriend that you love more than anything on this planet."

She pushed up on her toes and brushed her lips against his as she spoke. Now, Bella was fully aware that she and Peter were that couple, but she couldn't bring herself to care.

"I'm sure me telling Mr. Stark to screw off would go amazingly," Peter snorted. "Thanks, Bella."

She laughed quietly, the minty scent of her breath sending a shiver down Peter's spine.

"Well, any chance you wanna come by after the internship? Alex is working overnight, so he won't be home until tomorrow afternoon."

Peter bit down harshly on his bottom lip.