Chapter Ten - Suspended

"Miss Hagreaves, I've just had Miss Appleton coming in here bawling her eyes out, claiming you attacked her in the corridor." She began.

"Mrs Faren in all due respect I watched what happened with Mrs Waters, it was Sarah who attacked Alex, they were simply minding their own business." Jack spoke up.

"Mr Pikes, do not interrupt me. I know what happened as I too have a witness." She frowned. Alex grimaced at this woman, a head of year was supposed to be kind and caring. This old woman wasn't in the slightest; she desperately needed her hair dying again to hide the combination of grey and blonde hair tucked into a tight bun. Her large oval glasses were definitely out of fashion and she did not suit the colour orange for a cardigan. If she was being that rude to a colleague, who knows what she's like to a pupil... Or her own kids (if someone was stupid enough to have one with her.)

"Sorry." Jack sighed. His hate for this woman grew day by day. She was one of the few people who didn't want this man to be employed, so as you could probably imagine, they didn't get along very smoothly.

"Anyway, as I was saying before I was rudely interrupted is that Miss Hagreaves, it doesn't matter who started this fight-"

"Well it does actually-" Florence dared to interrupt.

"Young lady do not interrupt me!" She scolded, her head snapping towards Florence; she didn't look up, feeling her burning glare on her was enough. "It does not matter who started this fight, what nonsense and bickering caused it, but what actually happened. I have written down here that 'Alex and Florence scratched her face, causing several bloody wounds on her cheek and pulled her hair, giving her an unfortunate headache. This girl is in tears outside." Her voice was like venom, with every word you could almost see the hate dripping off her words.

"Mrs Faren, Sarah was giving me verbal abuse before hand, and she called me several names; 'fag', 'slut' and 'bitch.' She was the one who pulled my hair so I was facing her and the one who scratched my face along with throwing punches at my stomach." Alex stated, twiddling her thumbs. She enjoyed repeating those words to this teacher, as they suited her pretty well.

"It's true," both Florence and Jack replied.

"You can see the cut on my forehead," she fingered the still sore scratches that stood out on her face. "I'm sure there are bruises on my stomach as well." 

"I don't want to see that, thank you very much." Mrs Faren sniffed. The head of year couldn't help but feel outnumbered by these three. "Right, I want Miss Hagreaves and Mr Pikes to leave, while I get reports from witnesses. I'll start off with Miss..." She looked over at Florence, trying to recall her surname.

"Nights." Florence mumbled.

"I'll start off with Miss Nights, followed by Mrs Waters, followed by you." She pointed at Jack last. "So you two, leave. Now." Sir immediately stood up and opened the door for Alex, eager to leave. When the two walked out, they first looked over to where Sarah was sat; she wasn't there anymore. Alex sighed out with relief. 

"I still feel bad about you staying, you know." Alex nudged sir on the arm as they both sat down. 

"Don't be, it's fine. I'm a witness now anyway." He smiled. The two sat there in quite an awkward silence for a while. Alex had ran out of things to say, until she remembered one thing that she could mention.

"Sir... About Harley-"

"It's fine, it-it's fine. I don't know what I was thinking about. My mind's everywhere at the moment, I'm sorry." He stated. "Just... Be careful with him." 

"Why would you say that? Of course I will be." Alex was slightly offended.

"Yeah but... Oh, never mind." He moaned. "I'm playing a dangerous game with you, Alex."