Old dream

When I was younger I used to have a dream,  it was a horrible dream,  and it never ended.  I was always on a cliff hanger. In this dream I would be sitting all alone on a beach.  There was always the prettiest sunset.  Then my parents would call me insleft for dinner.  I always ignored them.  Everytime I told just a few more minutes I wanna see the sun set. The same response always had happened,  they said no.  I said I wasn't coming in until the sun set.  I should've listened to my parents,  because after sunset the shadow would come out. The shadow was a ghostly figure he looked like death in a sort of way. I always saw him right after the sun set.  And as I was going inside opening the screen door.  I would be grabbed by the shadow.  I would scream for my parents,  and as they reached the door it bolted shut. I would try to break free but the shadow dragged me back to the pier.  Then I saw it the ocean the bottomless pit of the ocean.  Then there was a man,  idk who it was or why he was there,  but he would ask are you my daughter? I said no and then the shadow let go of me.  I thought I was free but as I turned around I saw the bolted door unlock and as my parents were running towards me to save me.  The man would grab me and drag me down to the ocean saying, are you my daughter?  As I was drowning he looked at me and said do you wanna die or live.  And then I never got to choose I was lef with the cliffhanger that I was drowning and I could choose my path but I didn't before I woke up.

I had the dream when I was 11 and it would happen at least once a month,  but I ignored.  Then I stopped having it until now.  I know remember everything perfectly.