Chapter Ten

“You tried to do what?!” Never in Taeyeon’s wildest dreams did she think it possible for the world to be so small. Or maybe it was just Seoul, whatever. Who would have thought her girlfriend and best friend worked in the same company?

“Calm your tits, Taeng. I was playing around. Don’t worry; she did not fall for any of my lines… which kinda makes her weird but as long as you love each other, I don’t really care.” Yoona zipped her jacket up a little tighter and stuffed her hands into its cozy pockets.

“She also called you ‘short’.” By Taeyeon’s side was Tiffany, who intertwined their fingers as she threw the annoying gooseberry a playful glare.

“Come on, do you wanna see Taengoo and I fall out that badly? You’re dealing with ten years of solid bond here. Give it up.” Yoona rolled her eyes, glancing at the many other couples that crowded the mall and shuddering a little.

“Yah, I’m seriously starting to regret allowing you to tag along on our date. Hitting on Fany was not okay, is not okay, and will never be okay, you hear?” A threatening look made a rare appearance on the girl’s face but faded soon after. She simply could not find it in herself to get mad at her best friend.

“My, my. Protective, aren’t we?” Yoona snickered, obviously not the least bit daunted.

“Im Yoona.”

“Alright, alright. I get it.”

Turning her attention back to her girlfriend, Taeyeon asked, “Is there anything else you’d like to do?”

“Mm, not really. I do have a stack of reports waiting to be vetted, though.” Tiffany scrunched her nose up at the thought.

“Can you two get more boring? You’re out on a date, for Heaven’s sake. And it’s barely evening. There’s so much to do.” Inevitably, ideas of what she would do with Jessica instantly popped up in Yoona’s mind. They would visit so many places together, go on delicious food escapades, shop for hours on end, and so much more.

It slightly surprised her that she actually thought of wanting to spend time with a girl doing proper, fun, and meaningful activities other than just having sex all day long. Come to think of it, she had never been on an actual date before.

“What would you suggest then, genius?” Taeyeon paused in her tracks and shot the girl a questioning look.

“Seriously? You’re asking a third party to spice up your date for you?”

“Why not?” Tiffany replied.

“Hmm…” Eyes skimming the surroundings, Yoona snapped her fingers the moment she spotted an arcade, “That’s it!”

The couple stared on, waiting for her to continue.

“Now, I’m gonna assume Tiffany’s into teddy bears. I’m also gonna go ahead and say that Tae’s good at that claw game thing, though I’ve never seen her play. Look at that giant teddy sitting there. Isn’t that the cutest thing? You’d want one for yourself, wouldn’t you Tiffany?”

“Uh, honestly… nope.”

Taeyeon hastened to add, “Wrong assumption. As a matter of fact, she hates teddy bears. One time I tried to--”

“We are going to that arcade right this minute and you’re gonna get her a teddy bear, Taeng. Let’s go.” Yoona marched off. The pair could only shrug and follow since they had no better ideas.

---

Inspecting her watch for the third time, Yoona chuckled to herself, watching Taeyeon’s brows knit at another failed attempt, “Okay, I take back what I so carelessly presumed about you being good at this game. You stink. Big time.”