Prologue

"W-Who the heck are you?!" I screamed loudly as the black-haired boy stood in front of me.

  "Akuryō, demon of luck at your service!" he said cheerfully as he smiled and took a bow, standing on top of the table.

  I stared, confused, and spoke questioningly, "Demon of... luck?"

-Intermission-

  What the heck is going on you ask? I'm not really sure either.

  I'm Yume, and I don't have a life that most people would consider great. Most people would say I'm very unlucky, which might explain why a demon of luck just appeared in my house... But I'm not exactly sure if that's why, and I'm not exactly sure how he got here.

Maybe... He's the answer to my wish..?

-Flashback-

The school bell rung, finally another day of 'prison' was over, & I could finally get out of this place. I grabbed my books and dashed out the door as I headed to my locker. Quickly I opened it and crammed the books in there, then turned around and sighed. I started down the hall and mumbled to myself, "Maybe I can actually get out of here without running int-"

  "Oh Yume!" giggled a groupie of girls behind me.

  "Dang it..." I whispered quietly, "What do ya'll want?" I stared the girl in the eyes while taking to time to also glance at the others.

  It was Tasha Zeamen, one of the most popular girls at school, but to me she was nothing but lying trash. She looked at me with her brown eyes and spoke in a taunting tone,"Why do you always leave in such a hurry, Yume? You really should stay and socialize with your friends... Oh wait, I forgot. You don't have any, you poor little thing."

  I rolled my eyes as I stood up in a firm position and looked back at her. "Well if everyone is as stupid as you, I'm glad I don't have any friends."

  Tasha gave me a offended look and pointed at me, scoffing. "Tsk! A loser like you shouldn't be aloud to speak like that to someone like me! Not to mention some as hideous as you look!"

  "Am I mirror or something? 'Cause you must be looking at your reflection." I said casually back. She looked at me angrily and with a 'hmph' turned around.

  "Come on gals, we don't have time to waste on this loser," she said said sassily and sashayed away. I rolled my eyes as I headed toward the exit of the school once more.

-Time Skip (Still In Flashback)-

  "I'm home!" I flung open the door and shut it quickly as I threw my bag onto a nearby chair.  I slid off my shoes and headed to my room, then I flopped onto my bed.

  I looked over to the small bookshelf beside my bed, grabbing a photo off of it, then looking at it. "Hey mom, hey dad," I whispered to the picture, "Please come home soon."

  I held the picture to my chest then stared at the ceiling. "And if you can't come back soon... Please send me someone I can count on until you do..." I yawned as my eyes grew heavier, and I drifted into a peaceful sleep.

-Time Skip (Still In Flashback)-

  "Hey, Sleepy-Head!"

  I quickly shot up from my bed as I heard the voice of someone beside me, as I came to find a quite surprising and startling sight.

  "Mornin' Sleepy-Head! Finally decided to wake up did 'ya? I've been watchin' you sleep for quite sometime now, you looked real peaceful. Feel bad for waking you, but I couldn't be patient any longer." He stared an examined me as he spoke.

  "W-Who the heck are you?!" I screamed loudly as the black-haired boy stood in front of me, tilting his head as if I was the insane one who just broke into someones house.

  "Who am I? WHO AM I? I'm Akuryō, the demon of luck! Here and at your service!" he said cheerfully as he smiled and took a bow, standing on top of the table. 

I stared blankly, yet frightened, at him and questionably screamed, "D-Demon..?!"