Human Emotions

"Yep, you heard me right! A demon!" said Akuryō as he quickly moved and stood like he was a model or something. I stared at him, fear clearly showing in my eyes. He must have noticed my fearful look because he stared at me, tilting his again as he spoke, "Why do you look so frightened, Yume? Is it because of me? Are you seriously scared of demons? I mean, someone being scared of demons? What nonsense! Why would they be scared of demons? We're awesome, if I do say so myself. Especially me, the mighty Akuryō, demons of luck, hope, and everything you could ever dream for! I'm the demon of wishes and luck!"

I quickly stumbled out words as my heart started to race out of fear,"WHAT DO YOU MEAN 'WHY DO YOU LOOK SO FRIGHTENED' AND 'BEING SCARED OF DEMONS IS NONSENSE?'?! WHY ARE YOU HERE?!AND HOW DO YOU KNOW MY NAME?! AND SHOULDN'T YOU HAVE KIL-" My sentence was cut short as he hopped off the table and put his hand in front of my face, shaking it back and forth in a "no" motion.

"Ah I see..." he said while smiling, "You don't get it. I guess I should explain..." He shrugged as he spoke then yawned, "But maybe it can wait 'til morning. I'm beat. Got any place I can rest?"

I stared at him, dumbfounded, "Explain what? What don't I get?" I started to lean forward as I questioned him, getting closer and closer to the edge of my bed when...

"WOAH-," I screamed as I fell off my bed. I had closed my eyes, getting ready to make contact with the floor at any second, but instead I felt a gentle embrace around my back and a hand cover over my mouth.

"Dang, Yume..." sighed the voice holding me, "I thought you were quiet, but you seem like a chatterbox to me. You're asking too many questions for this late at night, so please do save them for later. I'm to tired for all of this." It was Akuryō and he yawned as he kept his hand clasped around my mouth, a blush fell over my face. "You keep quite now, alright? And be more careful, I don't want you to get hurt." His tone was gentle and soft as he lifted me back up to a standing position and I quickly pushed his arms away.

"KEEP YOUR DIRTY HANDS OFF OF ME," I yelled, "EVER HEAR OF PERSONAL SPACE?!" Akuryō didn't even seem fazed by my words, he just kept staring at me with his crimson red eyes. "Quit staring at me!" I quickly yelled as I kicked his leg and tripped him to the ground.

"Ow..." he whined as he rubbed where he hit the back of his head on the ground, "What was that for? I just wanted to know why your face is red. Are you sick or something?" He looked completely puzzled for he sincerely did not understand.

"What? Do you just not understand emotions at all?" I asked him, now myself confused.

He shook his head in a "no" motion, "I don't get human emotions. Happiness and sadness and fear... It all doesn't make since to me. Us demons don't show those kind of things to others. We keep them bottled up and locked in our minds." He poked his head as if he was pointing to his brain. "I wonder if he even has a brain... - -;" I muttered to myself in my head.

"But why would you do that? It's bad to keep your emotions to yourself like that." I told Akuryō as he looked up at me from the floor.

"Because," he spoke, "Demons don't care about other's emotions or thoughts, there's no point. Just worry about yourself and yourself alone..." He paused for a moment and stared at the floor, then looked back at me. "Besides..." he spoke in a more darker tone, "Don't you do the same? Bottle up your emotions because no one cares?"

As I stared into his eyes, I suddenly had a chill sweep over me for it seemed like his eyes told a story full of death and his eyes were a pool of blood. "W-Well..." my words wouldn't form as a stuttered, trying to gather my thoughts. But Akuryō spoke before I had a chance.

"Anywho!" a bright smile was on his face and his eyes were back bright and full of delight, "I'm tired, let's hit the hay! Is it okay if I sleep on your couch?" He walked over to the couch sitting in my room and flopped down. "Comfy..." he mumbled to himself cheerfully.

I stared at him, dumbfounded once again. "What the heck is going on..." I muttered inside my mind. I then quickly ran to the couch and pushed him off, yelling once again, "YOU ARE NOT SLEEPING IN MY ROOM! GO SLEEP IN THE LIVING ROOM!"

Akuryō laughed as he got back to his feet and started walking out, "Alright, Sleepy Head. Have sweet dreams!" He gave one last bright smile and waved before he left the door way, heading to the living room.

"Gosh this must all be a dream..." I whispered to myself, "Maybe if I go back to sleep I'll wake up and he'll be gone..." I lied down on my bed as I sighed, staring at the ceiling. "Gosh please be a dream... Please... Be a... Dream... Plea-..." I drowsily mumbled as I fell into a quiet, peaceful slumber.