Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Ginny Weasley shuddered once again as she pulled the covers over her head in an attempt to hide from her own memories. She remembered looking up from her bed to see Millicent Bulstrode staring at her from the dorm doorway. Of her confessing her love as she pinned Ginny's body against the wall with her while insisting that a kiss would reveal the love. "The hag could have at least brushed her teeth before the kiss," Ginny thought as another shudder ran through her. She'd been fortunate that Millicent had loosened her hold during the kiss allowing Ginny to duck out of the embrace and escape.

But soon those memories were replaced by the anger brought on by worst thoughts. "Now Harry and Hermione are out patrolling together," Ginny fumed. Her brother had shown her the updated prefect's schedule. He had been ticked off to have been assigned to patrol with Anthony Goldstein. Ginny knew why of course; she knew that Ron would now have to actually do something instead of waiting for Hermione to do it all.

With each second that passed, Ginny continued to envision Harry and Hermione holding hands as they patrolled the halls. "I've got to do something, but what? It can't be potions; not again. Not with the current suspicions in the air," Ginny remembered the feeling of elation she had felt when Umbridge had accused Hermione and threatened her expulsion. "Even that had ended up going against me with Harry now being a prefect," She grumbled to herself.

"No definitely can't use potions again at school, but..." An idea popped into the ginger haired girl's head. "What if I give him a potion as he is heading toward his relatives' house again?" She remembered how Dumbledore had prevented anyone from communicating with Harry the previous year. "No one will be able to tell that Harry has been influenced for weeks and by then..." She smiled as she started thinking. "I'll write to him and he'll be grateful and with the potions... yes that'll work. I can do something similar to Hermione. She'll be out in the muggle world with no contact; no one will catch on to her being under potions. Ron can write her..."

"I am going to need a much stronger love potion though. Something that lasts for months," She finally thought after her mental cackle had settled down. "Maybe the jealousy potion again as well...but then I will need a new boyfriend to write Harry about and make him jealous," Her thoughts turned to who she should ensnare this time. "If it has to go on into next school year, someone in his dorm would be best. Someone he would have to see each and every day," Of course her brother was out. She thought of Neville and then remembered who he was currently interested in. "Becoming the girlfriend of someone who can only interest Loony Lovegood would really not be good for my popularity," She thought. "Besides I don't want to be covered in that sap again," That left only Seamus or Dean. Ginny knew Seamus was currently seeing Pavarti Patil and she didn't need someone else angry at her. "Dean it is then," She thought.

With her plan firmly in mind she turned over in her bed and quickly drifted off to sleep where she dreamed of her Harry holding her in his arms. The dream turned into a nightmare when he morphed into Millicent Bulstrode right in the middle of a kiss. She awoke from her dream coated in sweat and her heart beating rapidly. She was too terrified to return to sleep in case the nightmare returned.

The next morning, Ginny set out immediately to get what she needed. First she paid a trip to Hagrid's hut where she easily convinced him that she needed a pass to the restricted section of the library to prepare for his end of the year test. She remembered the book that Hermione had mentioned she had found the Polyjuice Potion in and started there. As she perused 'Moste Potente Potions' in the back of the library, she came across several potions she could use. The Elixir of Devotion, Draft of Desires, the Elixir of Envy and Jealousy, and Draught of Disgust. The latter one piqued Ginny's curiosity since it makes a person disgusted with another. "That will work to separate those two," She thought. "I don't know what she did to my Harry, but I will show him I'm his heart's desire, no matter what it takes."