two

"happy birthday jinyoung!" his friends cheer, as they rush him to hurry and make a wish.

jinyoung contemplates for a moment before blowing out the candles. he feels a tinge of pain - it's been a year, and he didn't feel like opening up a closed wound.

but really, was it even closed in the first place? jinyoung misses the blonde andriod every single day.

this birthday, i wish daehwi was human.

"seongwoo, we can't do that." daniel sighs as he puts his drink down on the table. "don't you remember what happened last year?"

"babe, our sales have been dropping. if we don't do something, we're gonna be broke." the said boy argues.

"there's gotta be some other way to bring them up.."

"we've done so much research, we've done so much trial and error. no other robot is like daehwi. he could feel, daniel. remember when he was feeling anger and jealousy that time he fell out with jinyoung?" seongwoo says, raising his voice a little. "we didn't even know how that happened. i need to look into daehwi's programming."

daniel shakes his head.

"babe, please?" seongwoo reaches out for his boyfriend's hand.

"fine."

on their way to the office from the café, all daniel can think about is jinyoung.

"guys, jinyoung's not coming," sungwoon says, plopping down on the sofa. "he says he doesn't wanna leave the house. the 8 other boys are silent. they knew jinyoung had been sad for a while - but his problem seemed to be growing more and more severe.

"ongniel, can't you guys build a robot for jinyoung?" woojin suggests, and the said couple 's eyes widen.

"yeah, i know you guys make boyfriend robots, but this one can keep him company. jinyoung doesn't know about your company, anyway." guanlin states. "ongniel is science, after all."

the couple and their friends were so invested into creating daehwi ; programming him to make sure he was all jinyoung needed. they wanted to make him perfect - they didn't consider what to say to jinyoung if daehwi ever malfunctioned or shut down one day.

"i think we can introduce daehwi to him already. he posted an ad saying he's renting out his apartment." seongwoo tells daniel, and the pink-haired boy nods.

the next day, they catch jinyoung at the library.

if daniel knew daehwi's mechanism would go faulty and cause him to shut down permanently - he would never have built him for jinyoung.

seongwoo groans as he takes daehwi out from the storage. he now had to carry him all the way upstairs to his work room, where daniel was waiting.

"need help? wait, hyung, what are you doing?" jihoon starts, but his caring tone was washed away by shock when he sees seongwoo carrying daehwi. eyes shut, pale, just like how he was the day his system broke, along with jinyoung's heart.

"sales are dropping, i'm not doing any weird shit, don't worry. i'm just trying to see what's in his code." seongwoo explains.

"but hyung, isn't his code the same as everyone else's?" jihoon tilts his head to the side, confusion filling his perfect features. he reaches out to offer a bit of support to seongwoo as they walk up the stairs, daehwi in their hands.