Sansa Stark - "I just wanna tell you I missed you"

You made sure not to stand out or attract any unwanted attention. You worked as hard as you had always done. You worked as if you were still working for Lord Ned Stark himself, even though he had died years ago already and even though Winterfell was no longer in the hands of the Starks to begin with.

The bedroom door, leading to the Lord's chambers, was closed. Behind the door was nothing but absolute silence, even though you could only imagine the horror Sansa must be feeling right now, with Ramsay consuming the marriage she had not even wanted.

You knew there was nothing you could do to help her right now. Everything you would attempt, would only lead to both your deaths. And even though some people said that some fates were worse than death, you still believe in a better future for both of you. Maybe, deep down, you even still believed in a shared future for the two of you.

"Good night, Sansa." Ramsay smiled when he opened the door and threw Sansa, half naked, out of the bedroom you refused to call his.

Her skin was scratched and damaged. Her cheeks were drained of all color and her lips were forming a straight line. But she wasn't crying or screaming. She was not answering his good night wishes either though. Instead she started to move her bare feet, away from the chamber that used to be her father's, on her way to the chamber that had once been hers.

You noticed how she was limping a little. Just like you noticed the small drops of blood that rolled down her legs. The sickness in your stomach was barely bearable and on the tips of your toes to make sure not to alarm Ramsay you trailed after her. When she eventually turned the corner you walked past her and wrapped an arm around her waist. "I've got you..." Your voice was nothing but a weak whisper and you placed your free hand on the doorknob to open her way to safety.

"Thank you..." Sansa stumbled towards the bed and fell down on the soft mattress. Her dress was ripped and as soon as she realized that you were still in her room she searched for the sheets to cover her almost naked body.

"I'm sorry..." The words escaped before you even realized what you were saying. "I'm sorry that we couldn't keep Winterfell out of his hands." You bent your head and avoided her glance. "I'm sorry that we meet again in such horrible circumstances." You wanted to turn around and walk away.

"Stay..." Sansa swallowed while the word was still echoing through the room. "I wish we could have met again in different circumstances." Her eyes were filled with tears but she didn't allow even one of them to roll down her cheeks. "I..." She hesitated while you lifted your head up to look her straight into her eyes again. "I just wanna tell you I missed you." She reached for your hand and squeezed it. Her hand was ice and ice cold, but even though the circumstances were far from ideal, you could feel a comforting warmth spreading through your veins.

"I missed you too." You spoke softly. "And we're gonna somehow find our way out of this. I promise."