Sisterhood

Before "Alice Wonderwell" fell in the rabbit hole, maybe five ten twenty years, the March Hare talked to his friend, The Dormouse. She lived in a teapot and he lived in cottage near the teapots. And they were happy. 'I heard the King a Hearts has business?' The March Hare read the message Bill The Lizard had given him.

 The Dormouse peeked out of the teapot she resided in. She swung her tail to and fro, hooking it on the handle and jumping out. The March Hare's head disappeared behind the paper as he read down, left to right. He lowered it wide-eyed. The Dormouse decided it was some shocker. 'What d'ya mean business, old chap?'

'Sisters, Mouse. Two-of-um's. We have twin rulers in line.'

'My, that's a treat. Only one a um can rule, ain't it right?'

'Yes, Mouse. Dear Mouse.' This was when the Dormouse was still alive.

This narrator feels for a time skip. Skip we shall.

The Red One grew up into a daring little girl, joining her father in hunts and never afraid of the power of the voice. She dressed in the reddest gowns and spotted the absurd-est hair. She didn't care how she looked to other people for she loved the color. She was the only female royal not to cringe at the sight of blood. She loved red. But she was brave and everyone loved her so.

The White One inherited her mother's person. She was gentle, and soft-spoken, but caring. Like her sister, she was not perfect. Rumour had it she despised dirt. Took three baths a day, one more bath than one could afford. She refused dresses with dark colors, saying these colors appeared dirty. She liked light colors better, and white being the brightest, she loved it. She was high maintenance, but the family was wealthy, the aces in a card deck. She was level-headed and everyone loved her so.

"Sister, sister. I found a caterpillar. His color is quite the odd type. Its blue like the feathers in Mumsie's hat." The sister dressed in a red dress pointed to the leaf it was on, having the childish fear of touching it.

"Or the curtains in the bathroom I take three baths in," The other one knelt down to look at it. She smiled then it disappeared and she turned around and asked her sister, "Do you think I'm queer, Red? I hear Mumsie and Papa talking about me. The same way we talk in our bedroom when they don't know we lie awake. In quiet, soft voices. D-do you think I'm different?"

The older one opened her mouth and closed it. She blinked once before deciding on the answer. "I think being different is nice. Other people should just see what we see." 

Her thought didn't seem to be what the one dressed in white silk wanted to hear. The younger one knit her brows together and thought about it. So the Red One added, "In red and white." She smiled and she smiled. They both smiled. Color was a big part of who they were.

The younger one finally cheered up. "I know! Let us name him Blue. He's Blue, you're Red and I'm White. Now all we need is to find a Yellow person to make a rainbow!"

"The Jack of Hearts seems like a pretty ye-llow person to me."

"Hush, sister! Daddy said not to eye it. He told me the Jack was half-jabberwocky! You never watch your mouth, do you?!"

Red smiled deviously and grabbed the leaf and neared the caterpillar to the young one's face. She shrieked and pushed it away with her fingertips and shrieked even louder when she realized she touched something dirty. She hiked her skirts up and ran into the castle again. Red pursued her, causing a Seven of Hearts guard to groan.

The sisters were close. Too close. What happened to the caterpillar days and the smiles? Things change.