Two Angels

Many years ago, in the dark stormy night. A young girl was fighting in her death bed. She was beautiful with her shinny blond hair and bright blue eyes, tall and slender body and a brain to wow anyone. She has everything, her parents were rich and Titled, a sweet little sister who idolized her and the man in her dreams waiting for the date of their wedding. But the world was cruel to her.

             Her sister was crying beside her bed. She knew, not for long she would be living this world. At first she didn't care but regretted it when she saw her precious little sister’s face.  She never seen her this sad before. Her heart ache to tell her that everything will be fine. But she didn't have the strength. Her wounds has weakened her body that she couldn't even breathe normally.

            Her now dull blue eyes turn to her deep blue eyes’ sister.  She tried to smile for her but only able to make a weak one.

“Please don’t leave us, Rebecca!” Her young sister pled. With all her last strength she told her in a weak voice. “My dear sister, I’m sorry that you can’t be my flower girl.”

“Please don’t say that! Everything will be alright and you and Francis can still marry.” Her sister didn’t say anything for a long while. “Remember this.” Her younger sister nodded. “No matter what happens, I would always be with you. And so are your angels.” Rebecca was having a hard time thinking straight when Death was already at the door waiting for her.

            Their parents and a doctor came in to check on Rebecca. Their mother toke her little sister away when the doctor said that the infection has already spread and she lost a lot of blood. The stab wounds in her stomach and shoulder should have killed her then and there but she was able to survive for an hour was a miracle to the doctor. The doctor stood up from where he was sitting and talk to Lord Akins. “With all due respect, milord. But I’m afraid your daughter isn’t going to survive the night.” The doctor said it with a sad expression.

            Lord Akins didn't know what to do but blamed himself. He has a lot of enemies because of his wealth and closeness to the king. He should have bring his family to his home land, Scotland when his king warned him about his enemies. He never thought that they would attack his family. He looked outside the room where his wife was comforting his youngest daughter, Nichola. With all his might he must protect both of them. He couldn't never forgive the man how had killed his child.

            Nichola knows her sister wasn't breathing anymore when her mother toke her away. The storm wasn’t even helping her when a lightning and a thunder broke from the sky. Nichola was lost to the world, her mind was dizzy and her eyes were blank.

Alec and his twin brother, Alistair were looking at their playmate/Lady from the stairs. They know and saw what had happen to their Lady Rebecca. Though they tried to explain to their Lord what happened, he just dismisses them. They know their Lord was in a lot of pain so they weren’t affected by it.

            Alec started to walk to Nichola where her mother had left to see Rebecca. He was five years older than her so he was talker and more mature than her but they keep a nice friendship. He placed a hand on her shoulder to tell her that he was there for her. She looked up at him and started to cry again. Soon Alistair was also there patting her back and calming her.  Nichola fell asleep beside her playmates.

            Soon Lady Akins came to get her daughter to bed when she saw all three children sleeping on the floor. Nichola, in the middle of the twins. For the first time after the death of her eldest daughter, Lady Akins smiled a genuine smile. She woke the two boys and thank them for keep her daughter company. She toke her to the nursery and place her in bed. Before asking the boys what happened to Rebecca.