On the Fourth Day of Christmas My True Love Gave to Me: Decoration Hell

"Morning, Phil," says Dan the next day. They'd gotten home safely and spent the rest of the day gaming and editing. The stalker had taken all of their energy.
"Good morning Dan. I was getting the decorations together. I thought maybe we could put the tree up today," suggests Phil. Dan sits on the floor with a piece of toast in his hand and yawns.
"Sure, sounds good."
Phil's last plan hadn't gone quite as well due to the stalker. Today, he was going to try again. They'd put up the tree and he'd make hot chocolate and put on Christmas carols. There'd be no way that Dan wouldn't feel the Christmas joy.
"Are you enjoying that Christmas cereal?" Dan asks, looking concerned. Only then does Phil realize he hadn't yet taken his spoon out of his mouth. He drops the utensil back into his bowl and chuckles.
"Yeah, it's pretty great. Ah, I'm just a bit spacey today I guess," he responds, setting his bowl down on the counter behind him. He leans back and stretches his arms, hoping Dan doesn't ask what he was thinking about.
"Oh. Is anything wrong?" Dan presses.
"No no, nothing like that. I think I might just be tired. I've been wearing myself out a bit with all my Christmas spirit, I think."
"Maybe you should take a break."
"Like a hiatus?"
"No, dork. A break from the Christmas spirit, not YouTube."
"Oh. Why would I want to do that?"
"I think you're trying to hard to be joyful or whatever this holiday. It's getting kind of obsessive."
"I'm fine, Dan. Anyway, I'm going to go fetch the decorations. I'll meet you in the living room."
Without another word, Phil leaves the kitchen. That was a close one. The last thing he wants is for Dan to find out about his plans. It'd ruin everything. Worrying about future inquires from Dan, Phil gathers the boxes and bags of baubles, lights, and other decorations. Lastly, he pulls out the plastic christmas tree. It was always a hassle getting this damn thing up.
Maybe... they could go get a real tree.
"Dan, I've just had the grandest idea!"

*^*^*^*^*^*^*

"I can't believe you talked me into this." Dan stands pink faced in front of a tree farm, his hands deep in his coat pockets. He knew this was a horrible idea, but Phil's relentless begging finally caused him to cave in. Now here they are, waiting for the huge, bear-like owner of the farm to grab his axe.
"Please Dan, it's not that bad," Phil pleads, his stomach flipping. He's worried that this might push Dan over the edge. Maybe he'll hate Christmas after all of this.
"Cmon boys, lets get goin'," says a gargantuan man in a red flannel coat. His teeth are yellow and crooked and his beard stubble seems to go straight down his neck and under his shirt.
The boys follow behind the man, commenting on various trees and debating over which one would be best. Phil favoures the taller, fuller trees. Dan kind of likes the skinnier ones.
Finally, they stumble upon a wide, short one that both of them agree is perfect.
"A'right, I'll get her down. You boys best stay back, this is a bit dangerous innit," the man says. With no other warning, he swings his axe back and screams. Phil and Dan jump out of the way, also screaming. The axe lands in the trunk with a might thunk. The swinging, screaming, and thinking goes on for a good five minutes. Dan and Phil dodge wood chunks and the madmans axe, praying that this wouldn't be their last day of December. Finally, the tree falls and the boys leave.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

With the tree delivered, the decorations out, and the boys both in sweaters, holding warm cups of hot chocolate, it's finally time to actually decorate.
"Wait Phil. We don't have a tree stand," Dan points out after they bring the tree in and set it on the couch. Phil holds his hands up, a gesture to tell Dan to wait a moment. He runs to the kitchen and returns with a bowl filled with water and some dirt.
   "Improvising," he claims, setting the bowl down. Dan shrugs and theyboth lift the tree up and into the bowl. As Dan had predicted but failed to point out, the tree didn't stay up by itself. So Phil fetched a few metal rods that he had hiding somewhere and wedged them between the bowl walls and the tree stump.
   Miraculously, the tree stays up. Dan slowly moves away from it and watches as it tilts towards the wall, but then stops. They wait a few moments, but it still stays. Satisfied with his work, Phil turns around and grabs a box of baubles.
   And then he trips over hisown feet.
   And then all the baubles fall onto the floor and shatter.
   And then Dan sighs and says he'll go get the dust pan.

A/N:
Shorter chapter and not edited. My computer is still being a fail ;^; Tomorrow I'll edit this bad boy and maybe add a bit more to it.
Anyway happy 4th day of Phancember!