-(Pre-travel {Luke's P.O.V})-

Day 1

     I saw the hurricane coming from miles away. I was trapped in the basement when the generator went off, causing me to look to the window in the corner when havoc was. I quickly got up, grabbing a first aid kit, and an emergency bag that I had packed just days before when we got the warning. It contained mainly essentials, such as batteries, flashlights, canned food, and bottled oxygen? I don't remember packing that, my mom must have. I ran out of the basement as the water came in through the window, shattering the glass. As I made it to the top, my dad closed and barricaded the doors and windows. As we sat there, waiting for my mom to come back from the store.

Day 2

     Mom never came back. We assumed she either was swept away in the storm or found shelter with some other family in some other home in some other part of Texas. We hoped for the best but we guessed the worst. It has been dark these past few days, without the generator running, or mom's jokes to lighten the mood. Dad has found a few extra cans of soup though, so that's good. By now the water has covered about an inch of the main floor, and makes walking not so easy. I think there's a water snake living in our pipe system.

After the stormOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara