steven's from california

PAP PAP PAP PAP

jude rolled over, covering her head with her pillow to block out the noise and the light peaking through the crack of her blinds.

PAP PAP PAP PAP

she grumbled a "what" as she rolled out of bed landing promptly on the floor, only catching herself inches of the ground with her arms. as she made her way to the window, quietly pulling the string on her lamp that filled the room with soft light, the noise faltered. she pulled open her blinds only to reveal a slightly disheveled magnolia in nothing but a bathing suit pelting rocks at her. getting the window open was harder and louder than she thought and if she was any louder there was no way mara was going to sleep through and not ground her for "sneaking out".

"magnolia you know we live together you don't have to do the whole romeo and juliet thing" whispered jude.

magnolia let out a "hmph" that caused her messy blonde hair to move up with her breath. "i know stupid, but this is worth a romeo and juliet moment."

jude stared at her incredulously and checked the clock sitting on her dresser. 3.47 am. "why are you even outside and awake right now?" she grumbled.

"i snuck out, stupid." if this wasn't already weird to jude, it just got weirder. magnolia doesn't sneak out, she follows the rules and those rules definitely included a strict 10:30pm curfew.

magnolia ignored jude's blank stare at her and continued speaking, " steven is from california. i can't stop you from leaving right? so I'll just go with you. and steven. who cares what mom says! we'll leave her a note and take steven's car and not tell her we went with him. cadence is out of town for three weeks so it's not like anyone will know. and mark already said he'd let us off if we got him mom's number and nothing is stopping us please jude, please."

jude took a deep breath and stared at her sister with wide eyes trying to process the word vomit that just played out in front of her. she shook her head with a solid, "fine."

"fine!?"

"yeah, nola. fine."

magnolia had gotten the answer she only kind of wanted to hear. jude was in even if it wasn't enthusiastically like she had hoped, but she was still in. and steven.