A Slippery Confession

(AU)

"Stupid motherfuckers! I'm the team captain and they can't do this bullshit! I swear when I get my hands on them, they'll wish they hadn't fucked with me."

You're probably wondering why I'm swearing so loudly in the locker room by myself. Well I'm currently soaking wet from my shower and looking for my clothes but, I'm beginning to think my teammates took them. On top of that, all they left me was a small washcloth to cover myself with.

Now, you understand my dilemma.

We had just won a big home game from my walk-off home run and I'm guessing the guys decided to make me streak across campus in celebration. But, that shit ain't happening. Nope. Not today. I'll just wait until the janitor or someone comes and they can get me some clothes or at least a bigger towel.

3 Hours Later

It was now around 6:30 pm and I haven't heard a soul outside. I've been sitting on a bench thinking about my longtime crush, Clementine Marsh. I've known her since elementary and we've been friends for forever. But, she's also been dating Carl Grimes and I hate the guy. He told me to stay away from Clem because he was her boyfriend and he'd kick my ass. That made me laugh because he's a 5'8 soccer player and I'm a 6'2 baseball player. But, I stayed away so I wouldn't upset Clementine and destroy what we had. I sometimes wave at her in the hallway but, Carl always directs her in the opposite direction from me. I always see her face fall when Carl does that and it pains me to see it. One time I asked her when he wasn't around if she was happy and her response still rings in my head.

"I have to be, Gabe. I don't want to be alone."

I tried telling her that I would always be there for her but, I bit my tongue and let her walk away. Looking back now, I should've swept her off her feet and kissed her with everything I had. I should've told her that I love her with all my being and would never let her down. I can't picture my life without her. Passion rushes through me and makes me jump to my feet. I go to run out and find her but, remember my lack of clothing. I swear loudly once more and punch a locker.

I need to get to Clem and tell her. Tell her everything.

I glance at the clock on the wall and see it's almost seven.

Fuck. She's probably hanging out with Carl. Fucking son of a bitch. No. I still have to find her and talk to her. Tell her I love her.

I smile as I remember Clem was at my game today and I could hear her cheering us on and went wild when I hit the game winning home run. I remember glancing back at her and giving her a smile before trotting around the bases. Carl wasn't there so she let out a cheer for me and it sent my heart racing.

Fuck it. I'm going to find her. Naked or not.

I grab the small washcloth and hold it over me and try to cover as much as I can but, it's pointless. I let out a groan of frustration and chuck the washcloth before exiting the locker room. I glance both ways and see the hallways empty.

So far, so good. Just gotta get home and get clothes then find Clem.

I jog down the hallway and make a turn and see the glow of the exit sign around the corner. I mentally cheer and start jogging faster, eager to find clothes and Clementine. I round the corner, nearly sprinting now, and run into a warm and soft barrier. I hear a soft ow come from beneath me and realize I ran into someone.

Fuck me. Good job, Gabe. Let's hope they don't file rape charges against you.

I hesitantly look down on the poor soul I trampled and begin to apologize before freezing up.

No way. There's no fucking way my luck is this bad.

"Gabe?"

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuckkkkkkkkk

"Um hey, Clementine. Fancy meeting you here."

I look into her eyes and get lost for a moment before I realize something.

"Clem, why are you here? School's been let out for quite awhile and the game has been too."

"Well, the team said you were still showering so I waited out here for you."

"Why?"

Her face turns bright red and looks away from me before speaking.

"Gabe, I broke up with Carl. That's why I was at the game today."

"Why'd you break up, Clem?"

Her eyes locked back on mine and I'm stuck in her gaze.

"Because I love someone else. I love you, Gabe."

Time seemed to freeze around me as Clementine leaned up and kissed me. She began to pull back and I drew her back in and kissed her deeper. We break apart for air and I smile at Clementine.

"I've loved you since elementary, Clementine. And I'll love you till the day I die."

Clem laughs at my response before planting another one on me. She wraps her arms around my neck and feels down my back and freezes.

"Hey, Gabe?"

"Yeah, Clem?"

"Why don't you have a shirt on?"

I suddenly remember my lack of clothes and turn red.

"Um......I also don't have pants on. Or socks, or underwear. So, I'm kinda bare ass naked at the moment."

Clementine runs her hands down my body for confirmation and sucks in a breath when all she feels is skin. Her face has gone completely red and it spreads down her chest.

"We should probably get you some clothes. Like right now because I can feel you."

"Of course you can feel me. I'm not wearing any clothes."

"No, Gabe. I mean I can feel all of you."

It's my turn to turn bright red as I catch on and pull us up. I turn Clem around and grab her bag and cover myself.

"Let's go get some clothes."

Clem's laughter is all I hear as we exit the school and make our way to my house.