C is for Cuts

When they had begun their long day, the sun was out, their case had just begun and they were in fairly good spirits. Well at least one of them was. Now the sun had been replaced with the moon, lighting up the late night sky and they still there as if they never left. Detective Maria Baez sat productively at her desk like she had been for the past few hours looking for anything she could find to identify the person they were looking for. Two people from the same company had already been attacked, and they were looking hard to find someone who had a connection to the victims. But so far they were having no luck and were completely running out of hours in the day.

"None of these guys seem to have any inconsistencies or anything that would raise red flags," Baez spoke, "They don't even seem the type to have enemies far as we've heard. You got anything?" She turned her head to find her partner, Detective Daniel Reagan, face down on his desk fast asleep. She thought the short fuse he had been displaying all day was from something; he was exhausted.

"Reagan," she tried calling him, but he didn't even stir. She lifted up one of the files on her desk and hit him over the head with it, hoping that would make a difference.

"Wake up!" she ordered, and the detective shot awake in shock. It was like he didn't even know he had drifted off.

"Sorry," he apologized, pulling himself out of his slumber.

"You know Reagan maybe you should go home," she insisted sincerely, "I can take care of the rest of this."

"I'll be fine," he insisted.

"Go home to your boys," she pushed. Before Danny could even respond, their boss came from out of her office to address one of the two detectives.

"Reagan," Lieutenant Dee Ann Carver called from her office. With a sigh Danny walked over to her, wondering what it was she was going to chastise him about this time.

"Got a call from the commissioner's office," she informed him, "He wants to see you up in 1PP."

"Okay, did he say what for?" Danny questioned, wondering what it could possibly be for.

"Just said he wanted to see you," she replied, "Forthwith."

"Okay," he said finally before leaving her office and grabbing his coat.

"What was that about?" his partner asked.

"I've been summoned to 1PP," he told her.

"Casual call?"

"It never is," he said finally, before walking out of the precinct and heading in the direction of his father.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Moments later at 1PP, Police Commissioner Frank Reagan sat working at his desk finishing up paper work thinking about the latest danger to strike his city. There were arms dealers covering his streets, and now there were innocent business workers lying in the hospital. He knew his son was on the case, but he also knew that with just him and his partner, not much progress had been made. Which is why he had called the detective up to his office; to lend a hand cop to cop. He continued working when he heard a knock on the door followed by the sight of Detective Abigail Baker walking into the room.

"He's here sir," she said.

"Send him in," Frank ordered simply and watched calmly and with a small smile as his son waltzed into his office, "Thank you Baker." And with that, she left the two men to talk alone, closing the door behind her.

"I was told you wanted to see me," Danny started somewhat awkwardly.

"I did," Frank answered, "Have a seat."