Chapter Two

Frostpaw spent the day finishing up the nests, wanting Ryepaw and Duskpaw to be comfortable tonight. She was excited to have some friends back with her, especially after having to share a den with just Pricklepaw after Ivystorm, Goosecloud and Owlwhisker became warriors

She knew that she was supposed to love her sister, but she got uncomfortable around the other apprentice. Pricklepaw wanted attention all the time, and got angry when Frostpaw was noticed. She thinks that it's because their mother gave all her attention to Pricklepaw as a kit...

The white apprentice shakes her head tucking the last clump of moss into the nests and leaving the den. It didn't matter now, anyway. She was going to be the best warrior EmberClan has ever seen! Flicking her tail with excitement, she heads for the fresh kill pile and pulls out a small mouse, settling down and waiting for her new denmates to get back.

It didn't take long. By the time the sun was slipping away, Ryepaw and Duskpaw walking into camp, their paws dragging with exhaugstion and their tails flicking with excitement.

With a signal from their mentors, the two sprint over to the fresh kill pile and pull off some prey, trotting over to Frostpaw.

"How was it?" She purrs. Ryepaw have a bounce.

"We saw everything," he squeaked. Duskpaw tore a piece of her vole off.

"We even ran into Rabbitleap!" She whispers, eyes wide with excitement and pride. Frostpaw's ears prick with interest.

"The SkyClan deputy?" She meows, leaning closer. "What happened? Was he on patrol?" Ryepaw settled down, scooting closer.

"He had a patrol of a few cats with him," He described, tail twitching. "But he talked with Oakwhisker for awhile, and they looked pretty serious for awhile."

"Well?" Frostpaw prods impatiently. "Did you hear what they were saying?"

"No," Duskpaw's ear twitches with frustration and she finishes her vole, beginning to clean her whiskers. "They were too quiet." Frostpaw feels a stab of curiosity. Why were they so careful about their words?

"I'm so tired I could sleep for a moon!" Ryepaw complains, rolling onto his stomach as he changes the topic. Frostpaw jumps up, her fur spiking as she remembers.

"Oh! I made you two some nests!" She meows. Ryepaw and Duskpaw let out happy purrs. "Come on, let's get you settled in for the night, training starts early."

With little resistance, the two new apprentices follow Frostpaw into their den, settling down easily into their nests with purrs of gratitude.

Frostpaw wraps her tail over her nose, content to fall asleep surrounded by her clanmates and friends.

Frostpaw opens her eyes into a gorgeous meadow, surrounded by flowers, with trees bordering the edges in the distance. She arches her back luxuriously, drinking in the warmth of the sunlight that blanketed the area.

A small butterfly fluttered past, and Frostpaw meows with excitement, giving into her kit-like urges to chase after it, jumping and swiping at the air, never close enough to touch it.

When the critter finally decides that it's had enough and flies too high to reach, Frostpaw falls onto her four paws and lazily walks around.

She feels relaxed here, content to wander around aimlessly. It takes her awhile to notice the silhouette of another cat at the edge of the meadow, and by the time that she lets out a meow of surprise and bound towards them, she finds herself stirring awake in her own nest.

Blinking sleep from her eyes, Frostpaw stretches and climbs out of her cozy moss. She almost wishes that she could've stayed in that field forever when she exits the den and is greeting with a gust of cold wind. Fluffing out her fur, she bounds towards Amberdapple.