Dark Crusaders - Teaser

====================================================

This is my first story! So I hope you guys will enjoy this! I uploaded this story before using a different wattpad account before, so if you were a reader of A Princess's Journey by RoyalBreaker then you might find the flow of this story really familiar but I made minor changes such as their names, the REAL villain, etc etc. So I'm really encouraging you to keep on reading my story.

====================================================

The wind kept on blowing on my face as if giving me a big slap on my face. Not like I mind, I honestly believe that I deserve more than just a slap. I'm flying as fast as I could, not really minding that I might run out of energy when I arrived at my destination. 

I finally settled down on the forest. I can already feel his presence in this area. I didn't even bother concealing my aura so that he would be aware that I'm here and I'm after him.

A strong wind suddenly blew my long black hair from behind. I turned to the direction where I felt the wind and my eyes met his.

He's sitting on a large rock with his legs crossed and he's smirking at me. "I've been expecting you." he muttered.

The moon light really brings out the pale color of his skin, his golden hair, and his golden brown eyes. But my eyes landed on the ring on his pointer finger in his left hand. Even from my distance, I can tell that a crescent moon is embedded in it...so he really was...

"Oh you want this?" he asked while slowly walking towards my direction while raising his left hand. "I told you before that I would do anything for you. But I can't give you this ring since it was from my ancestors. But don't you worry, I can give you another ring that can grant you almost the same power as this ring." he said with a wide grin.

"You should know by now that I'm not interested in gaining that forbidden ring." Gaining that ring would mean betraying everything that I ever stood up before. So that's really out of question.

"Oh yeah, how could I forget." he said in a cheerful voice yet he's giving me a serious look. "You want me dead." he added with malice in his voice.

"That's right." I said trying to sound firm. "I came here to take your life." I added.

"Surely you realized that I can't die here?" he said while smirking.

"Don't be foolish. You're not immortal." I retorted.

"I'm not...but don't you feel anything?" he asked with a smirk.

I glance at my surroundings and that's when I understand what he's trying to say. I'm under his compound. My eyes widened for a moment.

"It seems that you finally realized it. Here, my strength and speed doubles." he said and right after that he appeared behind me and place a knife below my neck. "Even you should know that you can never win against me in this state. Not to mention that you're almost out of strength. Was looking for me really drained you out of energy? I highly doubt that." he said in an amused tone.

He released me and walk in front of me. "So what are you going to do now, my dear princess?"

I should probably retreat now. I glance at the sky and I try to calculate whether I have enough time to make a run for it?

"Don't ever think about running away, I didn't lure you here just so you can walk away from me again." he said the word 'again' in a dark tone.

So this was really a trap. This was a trap set up by him and I fell right into it. I'm completely at his mercy now thanks to my foolishness and irrational thinking.

I know what’s about to happen now. I closed my eyes preparing for that blow that will end my life. I know that his face is void of any human emotions which is why I refused to look at him. I don’t want to look at his face as he kills me, maybe it’ll be less miserable that way?

All of sudden, I felt a warm sensation on my lips. This action had shocked me and my eyes suddenly snapped open. His lips met mine and he has his eyes closed. He slowly embraces me and I really felt comfortable in his arms, as if I really belonged there. This is not what I’m expecting but at the moment, I don’t care. I want this moment to last forever. I closed my eyes and I placed my hands on his chest.

I immediately shoved him away as soon as my eyes landed on the ring on his finger. "Stop." I said while panting. 

Not a word nor a sound came out from his lips. I refused to look at him. I still find it hard that I'm in love with the man in front of me.

He gently cupped my chin and I find myself staring at his eyes. The sweet golden brown eyes that I've grown to like is gone and it was replaced by a bright crimson red color. It was so bright that it almost hurt my eyes.

"Why don't you think using heart for a change?" he suggested.

"That's impossible." I answered trying to turn my face away from him but the hand on my chin prevented me from doing so. "This has to stop." I whispered.

“You had always put others above yourself. You gave up your happiness, your identity for those ungrateful people. They won’t hesitate to turn on you if it means getting what they want; they could only care less about you just as long as they keep on living. They only care about themselves…but I’m not like them. I’m different. I love you and I care about your whole being.” I can’t breathe properly now.

He wiped the tears from my cheeks using his thumb. I never realized that I had started crying

Tears continue to flow from my eyes. I know that he had spoken the whole truth. "That's right. Cry. That's what you always want to do right?" he said in a harsh tone. "You don't have to hide anything from me. You don't have to wear a mask." he said as he continued to wipe the tears from my eyes. "Just choose me." He said in a soft tone that I could barely hear it. His eyes has returned to it's original color.

Countless of people are counting on me but am I willing to betray them for this man?

====================================================

I told you I made some MINOR changes! But I love how I ended this chapter (teaser)! I hope that you also like it too. 

Don't forget to vote if you liked this chapter and give me your feedbacks to keep me inspired! :))

====================================================