Chapter Two

They seem to be sucking face for an incredibly long time. I wonder how their lips haven't gone numb. I also wonder why they aren't considerate of me, or Bentley, who clears his throat loudly.

"May I remind both of you that there is a meeting?"

The blonde man chuckles, pulling his lips from the asshole to look at Bentley. "Sure thing, little brother."

Bentley scowls, his whole demeanour changing at the words. I raise an eyebrow. Little brother? I never would have thought...

"I'm not your brother." Bentley shakes his head, turning away and disappearing through another door.

Once he's gone, Mr Graham runs his hands down the man's suit jacket, straightening it out. "Damn, Mr Killings, you're killing me."

Mr Killings rolls his eyes and leans in to touch his lips once more to Mr Graham's, but they're interrupted by Bentley returning. He hands them both a wad of documents and Mr Killings sighs, flicking through the pages as he leads Mr Graham down the hallway. The asshole hums under his breath, and I wonder if he's forgot about me. Apparently not, because he spins around, silver eyes locking on me, and I want nothing more than to twist that smirk right off his smug face.

"Fear not, Mr Anderson, this will not be a long meeting."

His words catch Mr Killing's attention, and the man glances over his shoulder, startling as he notices me for the first time. I blink and flush hard when our eyes meet and I don't know what the hell my body thinks it's doing, but I don't like it. My flush worsens when he winks, returning his attention to Mr Graham.

"Who's the cutie?"

Mr Graham frowns, glancing at me, but I quickly look away, not sure why I'm suddenly nervous. Where the hell is my temper from before? Dammit anger, come back. Shithole's scoff fuels me a little bit, but not enough. I sigh, leaning back in the leather lounge as he looks to Mr Killings, the two of them stopping outside a door.

"I'll tell you over dinner."

They both disappear inside and I huff, blowing at the hair across my face. It flutters for a moment before settling down again and I roll my eyes, turning around to try and get comfortable. Not that it's difficult, one of these lounges probably cost as much as my entire apartment. God, where can I find myself this kind of money?

I lose myself in thought about finances and the possibility of not living a shitty life when something cold touches my knee. I jerk in surprise, snapping my head up to see Bentley, holding the ice pack he gave me earlier.

"This is for you." He touches it to my arm and I bite my lower lip. It's a strange mix of pain and comfort, but I can't say I'm opposed.

Bentley presses the pack a tad harder as he shifts and then hands me a glass of water. I frown, accepting it with a quiet thank you. I drink it quickly, and set it beside the lounge, reaching to take the ice pack from him so he can sit back. He shifts for a moment to get comfortable and then eyes me. I openly eye him, too, noting the dimples that make him appear a lot younger than what I assume he is. We sit in silence, until he clears his throat.

"I'm, uh, sorry about Spenc-- Mr Graham." Bentley rolls his eyes affectionately. "He's been my brother-in-law for two years now and he is still a bit..." He pulls a face and a laugh bursts from me, surprising me and Bentley. I sober quickly and give him a steady look, shifting to press the ice pack to my arm a little harder. It seems to be helping, thankfully.

"I... So then you are Mr Killings, uh, that's his name, right?" Bentley nods. "Right, so you are his brother then?"

Bentley laughs softly, "oh, his brother-in-law, too."