5

I clutched the leather seat tightly, ignoring the white colour seeping across my hand

The wind blew aggressively against my hair as I slowly lowered the tinted glass window down.

Water filled my eyes as I let forceful tears slip at the extreme speed of the wind.

Everything passed in a messy blur and I let out a happy giggle.

Adrenaline rushed through my body as the car increased in speed and I finally pulled my sight away from the outside.

Salty tears made a pathway down my rosy cheeks hitting my plump lips, leaving a salty flavour on the tip of my top lip.

I closed the window and smiled wildly at Luke before glancing in the mirror.

Boy do I look a mess.

My black curls were static, joining to the door of the car and each strand of hair seemed to be standing at a different angle.

I released another laugh and wiped the drying tears from my face whilst patting my hair down.

I haven't had that much fun since forever. The last time I sat in a car felt like a lifetime ago.

Villagers were normally too poor and unintelligent to buy cars and only the rich seemed to be able to purchase them.

I considered myself as a smart girl but the title attached beside my name, villager, stopped me from doing anything fun.

But, maybe that will change? My eyes locked with that of my mate and he aimed a dazzling smile in my direction before snapping his attention back to the road.

After a few minutes, he started to slow down, allowing the scenery to become clear.

I leaned towards the window, gasping at the outside world.

The differences was pain-stakingly obvious. The streets were graced with golden lamp-posts shining the brightest light.

The graffiti that littered the walls of the villages had disappeared, leaving sparkling walls in it's wake.

The roads were much easier to follow; rubbish on the streets was at an absolute minimal.

I let the 'wow' escape my lips, completely captured by the beauty. My slender fingers itched to grab a pencil and stroke the scenery onto paper through led.

"We are here."

Oh my Goddess. The mansion was gigantic, covering acres of greenery;
greenery that was now occupied with the undead.

I stepped out of the car, careful not to step on the bodies, and took my time admiring the precisely intricate designs carved in stone.

"Do you like it my Queen?"

I didn't even acknowledge the 'Queen' because I was too happy.

However, I did agree with him and continued my adventure closer to the historical castle.

Before I could step any closer, a young man walked towards the group of us, staring directly at the King.

He respected the King in the traditional way and then looked back up, anger evident on his face.

I stayed silent. I was very curious. Who could this guy be?

"Nikolai."

"My King, where you have you been?"

Max glanced in my direction but I stayed still and let him answer the question himself.

"I was inquiring the villagers about what was happening. Unfortunately, whilst I was there, there was the undead attack which you already know about."

"Max, your Mother was worried about you and was threatening to kill me if I didn't find you."

I couldn't help it; I burst into a fit of laughter.

•••

Max was hypnotised by the melodic sound of his mate's laughter. It echoed against the silence and Nikolai turned to see the young woman who seemed to be not in control of her laugh.

He was shocked to see a gorgeous woman covered in blood. Head to toe.
This time, he properly searched Max and found that he too was covered in the crimson colour.

"Have you two also been fighting against the undead?"

Max pulled his mate close to him, a beaming smile breaking onto his lips.

Nikolai covered his shock in a series of fake coughing before watching both mates with a hint of curiosity.

"Yes. My mate here is amazing at fighting against the undead."

Max finished his sentence whilst admiring his mate's face, forgetting all the troubles surrounding them.

Nikolai cleared his throat regretfully and paused the sweet moment.

"I know this is a bad time Max but we think that the humans are also being attacked."

Maximus stiffened and shot a stare to Nikolai as if to confirm it.

He let go of his mate softly and apologetically hugged her.

"I have to leave Lana. I'm sure you will find my Mother. All you have to say is that you are my mate and you will be alright. I promise."

Nikolai stopped his strict acting and managed a snort before standing fully straight.

Lana raised her eyebrow but said nothing and Max walked away, a small smile lingering on his lips.

•••

Lana turned to Luke, waving at him. "I guess it is just me and you now."

Luke scoffed and backed away, shaking his head furiously; Lana was extremely confused.

"I ain't staying here while The King's Mother comes to meet you for the first time. Your on your own. Sorry."

With that, he turned swiftly and sprinted away, leaving an even more confused Lana on her own.

She shrugged her shoulders passively and made her way to the front doors of the castle, hoping to the Moon Goddess that people would not stop her claiming she was a murderer.

Her strides were long and quick as she practically ran past rooms with their doors open.

Her bloody dress clung to the curves of her body and she shivered in disgust, wondering when she would be able to have a nice shower.

Whilst she was lost in her thoughts, she didn't see the willowy figure floating across the marble floor stuck in their own mind.

Both bodies collided in the middle of the corridor and an expensive dress was covered with the deep red liquid.