Just the beginning.

Life is hard.
Too hard sometimes.

When you think you just got over a problem, another one appears. Damn, will that shit ever stop?

You are 23 years old and now you live alone in L.A.

You moved two months ago because you were tired of your city:
Many people you don't like, friends who betray you, parents who only talk to you to have arguments, and the monotony killed you... Why do I have to stand that?

People say we only live once.

Now you live relaxed and doing basically whatever you want, whenever you want. Sounds good, huh?
Well, I would be lying if I say it is not.

But even if you had that luck, the only thing you got was a shitty job in a coffee shop.

Still no friends.

The place was good, but the people in there including the boss were assholes... that's why.

"______!!!" -there goes the boss again.

"Yes, Mr Miller?" -you asked looking at him with a tired and fake smile.

"Why didn't you clean those tables yet?" -he was raising his voice and everyone was looking. You were used to that but it still made you angry.

"I didn't clean it because you told me like five minutes ago to stay here and serve customers." -You tried to relax.

"Well now I tell you to clean those tables , hurry up!!" - He basically screamed at you those last words. You just rolled your eyes and when you were going to clean them, a voice stopped you.

"You look so done with him, don't you?" -You turned around and damn. That was a handsome guy. I actually saw him other day somewhere... He had a little grin on his face.

"What? No, I really like him!!" -You said with a high voice and then got closer to that guy. He looked confused. "Nah I truly hate him, some nights I dream I punch him in that stupid face" -You said in a very low voice, making sure he was the only one who could hear it. He laughed.

"Aww poor you, I feel your pain. My brother is kind of my boss sometimes and he is a pain in the ass." -You just laughed, a bit tired. You handed him a very strong coffee. -"Is there any free table for me?"

"Yes, follow me" - You leaded him to a table and you felt his eyes looking at you from head to toe.
He sat and you started cleaning his table.

"Are you from L.A?" -He asked you taking a sip of his coffee.

"No... I'm from Atlanta, but I moved here two months ago."

"Mhhmn... how weird I didn't see you here then. I mean... I come here very often. I'm obsessed with coffee." -He smiled. He was really cute.

"You didn't see me but I did see you somew..." -You couldn't end your sentence because your boss made a noise with his voice to catch your attention. He was looking at you with an evil look. You sighed. "I should go and clean those damn tables"

"Oh that's a shame. It was nice meeting you..." -He raised one eyebrow waiting for you to end the sentence.

"______." -You smiled once again.

"I'm Shannon." -He opened his mouth as if he was going to say something but then he closed it. A few seconds later he finally speaks." I know it may sound strange because I just met you fifteen minutes ago, but would you like to meet me here when you finish your work?"

Since I was a kid I was a bit distrutful, I didn't like going out with strangers; but he had something that told me I would be safe with him. So...

"Yes, I'd love to! It will be nice to finally have friends here. I finish at 19:00h"

"Nice! I will be here then. Take care and don't get too angry with that thing." -He said looking at your boss as you laughed. And he left.

Two months and finally I've met someone nice, or at least it looks like he is. I hope I don't regret it.