Winter Evening

Not dead yet again, got super festive and started this, hope you enjoy! 

:)

----  ----  ----  ----  ----  ----  ----  ----  ---- ----

Snow billows from the sky coating the city with a cold blanket, the outside world nearly solid white with the blowing snow.

 Despite the plummeting temperatures, inside of homes were warm and lively, people seemed to avoid the weather completely, pretending it wasn't there if they just stay inside enough. One particular home, a generally large Brooklyn apartment on the higher floors of an old building, was seemingly bursting with festivities and warmth.

I lay on the couch, the couch i hate, the lumpy grey couch that has so many memories that i can't throw it out or burn it, despite how much i want to. My messy blonde hair sweeps into my face as i blow it away and rub my face with my palm, my eyes still closed. The house was empty and still, the fire crackling in the fireplace across from me is the only noticeable sound.Grumbling i turn over to lay on my stomach, squishing my face into the cushions. There's thumping at the door, it startles me for a second before i hear the monotone cursing. As the door opens violently i raise my head sleepily and prop myself up on my elbows.

"Hey Buck." I say half asleep as he smirks at me raising one eyebrow and setting down the bags he was holding awkwardly.

"Are you waking up?" He asks mockingly, trying not to smile.

"Of course not. How was shopping?"

"Good, would have been better if my boyfriend was with me but i can't have it all i guess." I laugh quietly, sitting up and rubbing my face again. 

"It's your turn." Bucky ducks outside the door grabbing the rest of the plastic bags. I stand to meet him at the door, picking up bags and bringing them into the kitchen in the next room. I take two trips by the time he had his coat and boots off.

"How the weather?"

"Cold." He says condescendingly. Rolling my eyes i turn away from him as he grabs me, pulling up my sweater and wrapping his hands around my waist. I flinch slightly glaring at him.

"Bucky what-!."

"I'M COLD!" I push his hands off, pulling my sweater down.

"Come on, lets put stuff away."

After unpacking everything i realise what kind of a mistake having bucky shop was.

"Buck..." I sigh, glancing at the sight before me as he walks out of the bedroom running his hand through his long hair.

"Yeah, Stevie."

"Three gingerbread house kits, four candy cane packs and... too much hot chocolate, not to mention the ," i cough holding up a bottle to the light, "Peppermint Schnapps. Who buys mint booze."

"Steve, it's christmas time and i haven't celebrated anything in nearly 80 years, let me enjoy this. And, to answer your question, we do."

"Wheres Assassin?"

"She's sleeping in the bedroom i think."

Nat once described how our house is as 'unhealthy', sam used 'festively nauseating' and clint used 'i wish i didn't have kids so my place can stay clean', buck goes overboard, which is understandable. He can't remember his last good christmas. So why not let him have fun, i enjoy it as well.

"I found her!" bucky calls from the bedroom, carrying out a sleepy cat in his arms. She yawns and glares at him like she's murdering him with her mind.

"You should let her sleep." i laugh petting her head and taking the cat from bucky, she instantly launches from my arms onto the kitchen island.

"Ass no." Bucky shakes his head petting her.

"Don't call her that."

"Her name is assassin, Stevie. This nickname was to be expected!"

"It's getting late." I tell bucky, walking to the fridge and looking inside.

"What should we have for dinner?"

"Let's have... a movie sam wants us to watch and a pizza delivered."

"Sounds good."

We choose from a list he had given us of movies we're 'required' to watch.

"It's christmas time...so." bucky says scanning our movie shelf near the tv.

"Horror movie it is." I agree without him finishing and he pulls a couple out of the shelf tossing each one dramatically onto the couch, saying their name unnecessarily enthusiastically.

"The exorcist, It, psycho, The conjuring, The shining..."

"Uhh," i think, stroking assassin's back as i pass her eating on the kitchen island on the way to the pantry. "You choose."

"The exorcist it is."

Half way through the movie Bucky had jumped twice and got disturbed countless times.

"Buck, it's a movie," i had laughed at him but he just glares at me and grips my arm tighter.

We were at some part where Reagan was crawling down some stairs when Bucky lays across the couch, resting his head on my arm rest and taking up most of the couch, his shoulders on my lap, he'd breathe in suddenly when he was startled.

"Scared?" I laugh, he glares again.

The phone rings and Bucky pauses the movie, answering it so i can take the opportunity to get more snacks.

I walk into the tail end of the conversation, carrying a bag of chips.

"Okay I'll talk to Steve. Yeah have a good night." He hangs up, setting the phone to the side and violently flopping down on the couch, his hair flying into his face.

"What was that?" I pull his feet off the couch, sitting next to him as he repositions himself, resting his head on my lap.

"It was Nat. Everyone is getting together at the compound for Christmas and they want us to come."

"When?"

"Couple days before christmas and maybe a couple after i think, but we can basically show up and leave whenever."

"Bucky, do you want to go?" I start playing with his hair, wrapping it around my fingers and brushing it from his face.

"I think we should. It could be fun, I like them. And you haven't seen them in a while. Tony said he would send a plane or something when we want to leave." Bucky yawns, turning off the tv and sitting up.

"Should we go to bed?" I ask him.

"Nah." He responds, pushing me over onto the mattress and kneeling over me, his hair tickling my face as he kisses me.

He grabs the bottom of my sweater, pulling it over my head and tossing it over the side of the couch.

"Should we go to the bed?" I ask him, concerned for my back.

I turn the lights off, Bucky locks the door. He meets me in the bedroom which is why i came in to see him lying stretched out on the bed, his face in a pillow and his shirt off.

"Don't fall asleep." He flips me off as I pass into the bathroom connected to the bedroom.

"No promises."

"Assassin is fed right?" I call to him from the bathroom.

I can hear him move around in bed and yawn.

"Yeah, Ass is fed." He responds. He yawn again and i can hear the blanket shufflung as his voice trails off as he falls asleep.