Chapter one; Harry

Sometimes I wonder why I don't have what others do. Ever since my dream of being a professional football player fell flat, I hadn't been the same. It's like my life was missing something; the love of my life. It always used to be football, but now that that's gone I have nothing to do anymore.

I was lost in my thoughts as I passed a small house with no light on. It was a little far back and I could half make out the body of a young girl. "Hey!" She coughed out. I perked up a little and started walking over there.

"That's weird, I hear an ambulance," I muttered to myself as I walked over. As soon as I got to the steps I saw a pool of blood and rushed up.

She was out, but I tried my best to wake her. I knew it probably wasn't a good sign. I searched for the wound and found her stomach had been stabbed. I applied pressure with the bloody towel sitting beside her and debated calling 911 but I figured that was the ambulance I had heard.

I knew I couldn't leave and so I sat there and waited. I couldn't stop myself from wondering what had happened and how long she had been here.

A few minutes later an ambulance sped up and asked me to back away from the girl.

"How long has she been out?" They asked me.

"About five minutes, do you know what happened?" He looked me over for a second and told me she said she had been stabbed.

I felt a sudden need to protect this girl who I barely knew. While I had been thinking it over in my head they were about to leave. I stepped forward to get in with her and they stopped me. My blood boiled. Why did I care so much about a fucking stranger?

"What?" I snapped.

"Sorry kid, family only." I looked at him for a moment.

"I'm her brother," I growled and pushed him out of the way.

I stepped up in the back of the ambulance and sat down. He was just staring at me.

I snapped my fingers. "Hello? We have a dying girl back here I should be the least of your worries." This guy was really starting to piss me off. He muttered something under my breath and shut the doors, climbing in the drivers side door. I breathed a sigh of relief as sat back.

This was the first time I had really gotten a good look at her. She was gorgeous even with mascara stains on her cheeks. Very tan, beautiful hair and nice features all around. Even in her disembodied state I couldn't take my eyes off of her.

What had happened to me in the last twenty minutes? This town knew me as Harry Styles; rebel kid all because the way I dress and how I keep to myself. I'm not a bad kid, but they don't need to know that. It's easier like this. Keeping it this way means I can't have a love interest, and I want to keep it this way.

The sound of the sirens kicking back on startled me out of my thoughts. I reached for my phone in my pocket only to find it missing. It must've fallen out back at her house. I sighed, I'll call my mom from the hospital. She'll understand.

It's so bumpy in the back, it makes me wonder how safe it really is for them to keep injured people back here. Shouldn't they be doing something to help her? "Excuse me, if we wanted to wait until we got to the hospital to do something about this I could've driven her there myself. If you don't mind, she's lost a lot of blood and she's been unconscious for a while now." I snapped, gesturing to the beautiful girl who wasn't in good shape at this point.. Or any point really.

"Look, we can't do anything from here. What this girl really needs isn't something that can be done from here. Okay?" He said in an almost mocking tone. I shot him a glare. "You're telling me that there's not a thing that can be done for her in here? What's the point of this bullshit if you won't even apply pressure to the wound! This is rubbish you're all worthless." I shouted. His eyes showed a hint of irritation but I knew mine were glazed over in fury. Were in an ambulance for Christ sake, do something. He sighed, jaw cocked to the side. He's stood up and started rummaging around before finally doing something productive. He seemed to be doing the right thing but I kept my eye on him the whole time to make sure he did nothing questionable.

I was so nervous the whole way there, sweating, my foot was tapping, legs shaking and my breathing uneven. All over a girl who's name I don't know. But she was in danger, and I had to make sure everything turned out okay.

After what seemed like centuries we arrived at the hospital. I jumped out to give them more room. They rushed her up through the front doors and I followed close behind. She went straight into a room, so I sat down. After a few minutes I glanced at the clock- 12:48 AM. I need to call my mother, she's probably a mess.

"Excuse me miss, may I use your phone to call home?" I asked trying my best to sound stable. She nodded towards the phone so I came around. I quickly dialed the number of my mum and waited, listening to in ring, once, twi- "Harry? Hello? Oh god is my son alright?" Mum shouted through the phone. I didn't even think about that. I'm a half hour late and calling from the most well known hospital around here. "Mum im fine it's me. It's a long story, I'm here for a friend. I'll explain when I get home. I love you okay? Relax, get some sleep." I heard a sigh of relief and a quick thank god I love you be safe thing escaped her lips before she hung up. Typically mum. I smiled slightly thinking about her before my brows furrowed again and I thanked the woman. How is shed doing?

At 1:13 the same woman came over asking for Harry Styles. "That's me," I said anxiously. "How is she is she okay?" She looked me over for a minute. I nodded impatiently at her. "Come on now," I snapped. "You're here with Kayden? She's your um, sister?" I was confused but quickly recovered when I remembered I don't know this girl and I claimed to be her brother. "Uh yeah I guess that's me." She nodded for me to follow her. We walked down an impossibly long hall before finally turning beside a small room, a man in a white lab oat waiting. The woman left.

"She's going to need surgery. She's still very disoriented and out of it, but she wants to see you first. She'll be okay, but the recovery process will be a long road. You're going to need to talk to the police when were done here." He said and then without waiting for a reaction turned and brought me into the room. She opened her eyes and smiled at me ever so slightly. "Hey," she whispered. The sound of her voice sent flutters throughout my body. How does she do that? I walked slowly over to her and touched her hand. She's cold. "Hi.." I breathed. With that she fell asleep. With that, I fell in love with a girl who's name I barely knew.