Bleeding heart

Thank you for reading my story, I found the perfect song for this chapter "Jealous guy" by John Lennon. It just reminded me so much of Arnold on this chapter. Here it is "Bleeding Heart"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Helga run towards a park nearby, there were trees and flowers all around and a small pond in the middle of the park. She sat on the cold grass as she remembered everything she had told Arnold. Her heart was racing, her mind was spinning she couldn't believe what had just happened, it was like a horrible nightmare with no end.

"Why Arnold? You couldn't trust me to make my own decisions. You didn't have patience to leave me settle my own feelings. How could you have spy on me behind my back? And Andrew....Arnold almost hit him after he promised me, he wasn't going to hurt him again." Helga began to cry in silence.

Andrew was a couple of steps away from Helga.
He coughed... Helga wipe her tears with her hands and looked at Andrew, then looked back down with her beautiful blond hair covering her face.

Andrew was quiet, he just sat next to Helga on the grass and placed his arm across her shoulders giving her comfort.
Helga tried to stop shedding tears, she didn't want Andrew to know she was crying. When she finally stopped, Andrew asked "Better?".
"Not really" Replied Helga still upset.
"Don't worry we can sit here as long as you want." Replied Andrew looking at the beautiful view of the pond.
"Why are you so good to me?" Asked Helga looking down.
"Because you're a good person Helga."
"How do you know what I'm like?" She asked
"Anyone who puts other people's needs before their own, is a good person and you have proven that. You may be rough around the edges but underneath it all, you are kind and soft hearted."

Helga hugged him. "I'm so sorry Andrew."
"For what?" He Asked still hugging her.
"For not being able to.... give you what you wanted."
Andrew sighs "There's a right time for everything and maybe now is not our time. Don't feel sad about it." Andrew wanted Helga to be his girlfriend more than anything, but not if Helga didn't feel the same for him.
"So, you're not mad?" Asked Helga
"Of course not, I don't regret bumping in to you on the first day of school and talking to you all this time. It was a true gift getting to know you Helga." Replied Andrew while touching her chin and wiping her tear with his thumb.
"I can't help feeling bad about...." Helga thought before saying that last word.
"You mean.... Arnold." Said Andrew.
Helga was quiet.
"You know Helga nobody is perfect and we all make stupid mistakes every now and then and... especially for love."
"I guess." Replied Helga she rubbed her eyes and stood up.
"Let's walk a little champ."

Arnold was walking on a long bridge feeling beaten in every way possible. He kept hearing Helga's voice in his mind yelling to him, you were spying and lying to me! what's wrong with you! I can expect the entire world to betray me but you...never till today, Helga I love you......and I don't. Every word she said to him hurt him like a thousand knifes in his heart, there was nothing else he could do, the damage was done. The only person he could blame was himself. "Maybe I was wrong and she was talking to Phoebe about me, about becoming my girlfriend. I'm such an ass...she even had problems with her parents and I wasn't there to help her but, Andrew was. It doesn't matter if she never told me about her problems, I should have known, she told me you know me better than anyone. I made a horrible mistake and it cause me.... her love." Arnold stopped walking, his head was down, his fists and eyes were shut in pain and remorse, knowing he will never feel her lips, her touch, having her wrapped in his arms whispering to his ear I love you Football head. He couldn't stand it. "I lost her. HELGA!!!!!" He screamed her name.

As Andrew and Helga were walking home, Helga stopped for a second..."Did you hear something?" She asked
"No Helga, why?"
"I don't know I must be stress." Replied Helga as they continue walking.