Awakening

I open my eyes to darkness and and the lonely sound of silence.

I get up, my eyes adjusting to the darkness. I'm in a room. I see a long hall ahead of me, the only light being a small candle. I take it and start walking. *click* *click* my feet, no, shoes clicking on the cold stone floor.

I feel like I'm walking forever, or in circles at least.

I come to something strange. Along the hall I'm walking on, it's not a hall at all. I have been walking on a cold and dank stone bridge in an even bigger hall. A let out a breath of cold air. 

I hear a faint sound other than my cold breath and lonely heartbeat.

I walk towards it, then I hear; the quiet ripple of water. I look down and see that this bridge is over water. One wrong step and I die. The water is rushing, hitting... are those rocks?

Suddenly, a gust of warm wind blows through the hall, the flame of the candle flickering from the impact.

I savour the warm air without questioning where it was coming from. I don't realize how cold it is until the gust of air is gone. But I keep walking in silence hoping there is an end.

I feel small rocks beneath my feet. Some are pebbles and rocks but the scarcely littered the ground. Suddenly I feel a sharp stab in my foot.

My eyes widen in pain and I trip over, arms flailing in the darkness. Soon in the heat of the moment, I let go. I feel dizzy and realize I'm sat on the floor. Darkness. I see a small bit of light getting smaller and smaller.

I look down just in time to see my small candle fall into the crashing water below. At the moment of impact in the water, I see the light go out an then darkness.

I get up not wanting to end this now and to not jump in with it. So I walk the direction I was going before. Being very careful of course.

I see a small glow of light from a room close by

I squint as I go to the room. It was small and hidden from sight but the light gave it away. I go inside to find an empty... bar?

Suddenly I feel a sharp pain in my head. Images flash before my eyes as I remember the one thing I wanted to forget.

I envisioned blood, on my hands, tears running down my cheeks. But they were not my hands, nor my tears. The image left my head leaving me forgetting it once more.

I walk into the bar. It's nice, kegs and torches lined the wall. Everything is wooden and pretty.

I felt calm as the scent of spices filled my nose. I sat down at a booth and realized that there was a door leading to what would usually be a kitchen of some sort.

I get up and slowly walk to the kitchen. I push open the door and walk inside. It was wooden like the bar outside but it still looked like a kitchen.

Rows of spices lined the walls giving the air a warm and comforting scent. I sit down and cry. I don't know why but the salty tears couldn't stop themselves from falling down my face.

   I get very tired, it was like being hugged by your mother, wanting to let everything go and tell her all the bad things and the good. I soon cry my self to sleep.