Chapter 3

No one POV

Jeongyeon was studying Momo from afar. She was sitting in the back row and watched the girl that sat at the front. For somehow, Jeongyeon kept staring at her. She felt like the girl didn't look happy at all. She didn't even show any emotion on her face. Jeongyeon was left with many questions in her mind, but she didn't have the time to ask Momo as she was in the middle of a lesson.

"Yoo Jeongyeon, would you please repeat what I had just said?" the teacher's attention went to Jeongyeon.

Jeongyeon who was spacing out because of her questions hurriedly shook her head and came back to reality.

"uh...uhm..we were talking about..." Jeongyeon stuttered knowing that she hasn't paid attention to the lesson at all.

"We were talking about politics, sir" a girl answered the teacher making Jeongyeon relieved.

"Thank you, Sana. Jeongyeon, you better listen up, this is exam stuff" the teacher glared at her.

"Sorry" Jeongyeon apologized and made the teacher continue his lesson.

Jeongyeon POV

Our class ended, and I could finally talk to Momo without having the teacher interrupting me, even though it was me who actually interrupted the lesson. I approached Momo and silently stood behind her.

"Hey" I said with my low voice making Momo turn to my direction.

"Oh um, hey" Momo answered nervously.

I could sense she wasn't feeling comfortable, so I wanted to rub her arms and make her feel better, but I reminded myself that we were still strangers, so I prevented myself from doing it. I decided to eat lunch with her and get to know her better instead.

"Shall we go grab something to eat?" I asked her.

"Yeah" she answered and then we went to the cafeteria.

We bought salad and drinks and sat down at a table facing each other. I could finally ask her the questions that kept bothering my mind the whole day.

"Sooo, what made you move here?" I asked while taking a sip of my drink.

Momo looked at me before answering the question.

"M-my dad had found a new job here, so I had to move with him too" she stuttered a bit.

I didn't know what in my question that made her uncomfortable, but I could see how nervous she looked.

"So um, you don't look like you're around here, are you a foreigner?" I asked looking down at my salad.

"Yes, I'm from Japan, and I have just moved here to Korea"

"Oh, I didn't know that. Do you live with your parents?" I asked smiling.

"Not really. I have my own apartment now. It's not far from here" she said smiling back.

"That's nice. I have one too, do you wanna visit it someday?" I asked full of curiosity.

"That would be great. But I have to go early today because it'll be my first time seeing my apartment room actually" she answered.

"That's okay, I will accompany you" I said taking another sip of my coffee.

"Thank you"

"It's alright. You're welcome"

We finished our lunch and took a walk in the school halls while finishing our drinks. We accidentally bumped into Chaeyoung, and I decided to introduce her to Momo.