New Friends and Murder Part 1

It's been just about a month now since I have been at the Mouri house hold and I'm settling in well.

Today, Ran decided that we would all go to the store and pick some stuff up for dinner and get some fresh air.

Feeling a little adventurous, I decided to go, considering Kogorou was being a lazy bum that he is, we left without him.

Shortly after leaving the house, Ran sparked up a conversation with me.

"So, Emma-san. Is there anything you want while we are at the market? Like any particular fruits or such?"

Pondering this in my mind, I nod my head.

"Yes actually. Do you know if there is a tea shop around the markets square? There's a tea I have been missing since I left London." I say remembering the sweet taste of my favourite warm beverage.

"What's you favour...Sonoko?!"

Jumping at Rans' sudden outburst, I turn my head to see a girl, around Ran and I's age, run across the road and tackle Ran with a large hug.

"Ran! How has I been? Anything new?"
Sonoko asks as she releases Ran and glares down at Conan who is standing next to Ran, also glaring back.

"So. You brought the little brat with you." She states obviously as Conan scoffs and walks over to my side, behind her.

Raising a brow at Conan expression, he just scowled at me.

"Ya, I brought Conan-kun with me, as well as Emma-chan." Ran replied happily. At the mention of my name, Sonoko tilted her head to the side in confusion.

Rolling my eyes, I tapped the confused girl on the shoulder and she just about jumped out of her skin.

Hastily turning her head in my direction, a bright smile spread across her face as she fully faced me.

"Oh, sorry. My name is Sonoko Sizuki. Nice to meet you Emma...? She trailed of and I answered her question.

"Holmes. Emma Holmes. It's nice to meet you Sonoko." I say back, nodding my head.

"Oh! Sonoko! Would you like to join us? We are going to the market for some dinner supplies." Ran asked.

"Sure!"

Small time skip:

Since we continued our walk, Ran and Sonoko have chatted about many things, mostly boy related.

We continued walking when Sonoko whispered some thing into Rans ear that I couldn't quite catch. Not that I was eavesdropping or anything.

"Oh, Emma-chan~!" Sonoko called my name, turning my head to face her, she had a sly smile on her face.

"Do you have a boyfriend~?"

Almost instantly after her question, my face began to burn.

"W-What? I-I don't have a boyfriend! No way!" After saying those words, I hope Sonoko didn't hear my stammering, which she unfortunately did.

Her smile growing wider, narrowing her eyes.

"Oh really. Who is it?"

'Damn! I can't tell her that I like someone!'

"W-well I do like someone, but were friends and that's all. Besides, he's in London anyway." I say coolly shrugging it off.

"Well that's boring." Sonoko said flatly, making me and Conan anime fall.

'Jeez. Thanks for the comment' I think sarcastically, picking myself up and lifting my cousin of the ground as well.

Heaving a sigh, I ignore Sonoko and walk with Conan behind the two girls.

After walking for a few more blocks I get an unsettling feeling. Like we are being watched.

"Hey Conan. You feel that too?" I ask as I look around, darting my eyes down the many alleyways, as we pass.

"Ya. We are being watched."

Walking silently down the street I was about to ignore the feeling until.

CRACK.............

.....THUMP

Conan and I stop dead. Looking at each other, we turn on a dime and sprint back to the ally we just past to see a shadowy figure hunched over.....
a dead body..

???POV

Green eyes pear over corner, having lost those who he was following, He trips over something on the ground.

Looking down his eyes widen at the sight in frunt of him.

A body.

Bending down to look at the corpse, he suddenly muffled cry of surprise excapes the shrouded figure's lips as an inflated soccer ball hits the back of his head.

"Oi!" The figure shouts indignantly, whirling around to face a vary surprised and shocked Conan and tall girl, close to his side.

"Hattori?!"

"Wait. Who?!"

___________________________
____

*GASP*
Emma may like someone?! But who?
If you want a hint re-read the chapter and find it.
(Yes it is a real charecter. Not an OC)

Please comment and tell me who you think he is! I may just put it in!

Also if you guys have any ideas please tell me!! I'm running out of ideas!

3 months and 329 reads?!?! You guys are Awsome!!!

~FeatheredFox