Chapter 14

Alex

" That Wasn't the whole truth was it Alex?" Julia said quietly, kneeling by my side.

"Guilty. Listen, you can't tell anyone else about what I'm about to show you. Only Ash, His sister and i know, and now you. Promise?"I say, grabbing her hand in mine and looking into her bright eyes.

"Secrets Safe with me Alex, you know that" She responds becoming serious.

"Alright," I say, pulling my hand back away and loosening the knot of the band. It slips off my wrist, revealing dirt stained skin and beneath it the inky black writing. I turn the name towards her and her hands fly to her mouth. Excitement and shock pass on her face and she grabs my hand, towards her, wiping away some of the dirt.

"You can't be serious! Is this some kind of joke, she says, standing up and walking away, bringing back a small cloth and washing away the dirt, and bring away a bit of dried blood. But the name did not wash away.

"It's not a joke  Julia, it appeared sometime that day.

"And does he have it too?"

"Yes, he said that it was the reason I could trust him and in the daylight of today I must meet him in the forest, to discuss the problem of his father. Ash says his father is no longer capable of thinking clearly or to lead the immoral side. So we need to find a way to stop him." I tell her hurriedly

"Like, kill him?" she whispered.

"Well if that's the way to do it. I don't really know what else we can do to get rid of him. We may be able to find a few less violent ideas but that really all I can think of currently. Even that would be very difficult to do, and... well, I don't even know if I can do it. Kill someone? That's a lot of pressure for anyone."

"Yeah, I don't know how you would be able to pull that off. You can discuss that with Ash I guess since you meeting him." Julia says quietly

"That will be the best option. He probably had some idea that would be better than any of ours honestly." I reply, looking out the window.
"The sun was beginning to rise slowly on the ocean next to the town. Today I will meet ash. I still don't have full trust in him. How can I though? We'll see, maybe things will change. And just Maybe. We will be able to change whatever happened all the things that messed up Galderon all those years ago.

~~~~

Julia covered for me, telling my mother we were going to hang out at her house. Mother objected a little, wanting me to rest, but I said that all I needed was a little time outside the house to get back to a fully healthy state. Not that that would get rid of the dark circles or worry under my eyes.

We left the cloud, hurrying along the moss-covered brick paths. We stop in front of the entrance to the forest.

"Do you want me to go in with you?"

"I'll be good, thanks for everything Julia."

"Don't make it sound like your gonna die." She said with a laugh.

"Not playing on it but, you never know when dealing with immoral. But seriously, thanks for getting me out of the house and being there for me." I say with a smile.

"Of course Alex" She copied my gesture and swung her arms around me.

 After a little more words exchanged, Her footsteps slip away and I pulled myself towards the forest. Let's see what ash has to say.

I don't know how long it takes me to get there. Taking my time is needed because I cant get places very fast, especially through the rough underbrush I run into, or the log that crosses the stream. 

Eventually, I approach the clearing. It's no different than it was before. Only, this time, a boy with chocolate brown hair and dark warm eyes leaning against the tree, waiting.

(Ok so, im so sorry for not updating in, forever actually and it's a short chapter but eh)