Fairy Lights

Dick groaned as he walked into work, cracking his neck, he looked to see Tim there early again.

"Don't you ever sleep?" He asked the other.

Tim blinked as he was interrupted from his work but then turned to Dick. He shrugged, "I only run on two hours of sleep and gallons of coffee." He replied.

"Ah, very interesting." Dick said like he was Sherlock Holmes, rubbing his chin in feign thought.

Tim laughed before blinking, "Oh yeah! Did you call that hacker guy?" He questioned, his eyebrow raising in an arch.

The older of the two groaned and shook his head. "No, I just don't know what to... Say per say." He replied, "I mean, I know I haven't spoken to him in a month, but I haven't seen him in three years. Talking on the phone doesn't really count, so I'm unprepared."

"Who cares, Dickie? It's not like he can beat you up!" Jason proclaimed as he walked into the department. He paused, "Oh wait, he did."

Tim looked surprised and quickly faced Dick, "He did? How big is this guy?" He pestered.

Dick grumbled profanities at Jason before sighing heavily, "He pinned me down by being smart, using pressure points and weak spots." He answered, "He's not even 115 lbs."

The techie snickered, "You got beat up by a nerd? That's great." He mused before going back to his computer.

"You should really get on it, though." Jason warned Dick, "The longer we wait the more time the murderer has to kill."

Dick nodded understandingly before whipping out his sleek silver iPhone X. He scrolled through numbers and came upon the one as: Jamison Swanson.

After dialing the number he leaned against his desk, looking agitated. A few more rings sounded through the speaker before a click and someone answered with a very tired, "Hello..?"

"Uh, Jamison, it's Dick Grayson, from the Homicide Department." Dick greeted into the phone.

"Dick? The- oh! Well what'd you want?" The voice asked.

"We need you to come in to the station. No you're not in trouble.... Uh huh.... I don't care just get down here. Yeah, sure, okay. Bye." Dick hung up the phone and put it in his pocket.

Jason crossed his arms and stared at the other man, "He coming?"

"Yeah. He'll be here in ten minutes." Dick replied with a nod. He looked to Tim whom looked very pissed at his computer.

"You okay, Timbo?" Jason asked, kneeling beside the boy.

Tim groaned and placed his head in his hands, "I think I'm overworking myself... Not enough coffee to keep me going."

Dick chuckled softly, "Go take a nap in the conference room, we'll get things settled when you wake up." He commanded in a gentle tone.

"Alright..." Tim got up and stretched his arms and legs before trudging towards nap time.

"Now, we wait."