Chapter 11

As soon as Cade heard the sound of hooves he was mounting up to leave for town. He'd been counting the minutes until he could get away. His body was so tense, and he knew just how to take care of the tension too. It had been way too long since he'd bedded a woman and he planned to rectify that this evening.

"Where are you going?" John asked as he stopped his horse next to Cades.

Cade narrowed his eyes at the tone of the boy's voice, not used to explaining his actions to anyone, especially a still wet behind the ears kid. "Out." He said then raised one dark brow daring the boy to say something. Both of them knew where he was going and what he was going to do.

John said nothing as he worked to keep his face emotionless. He was secretly happy that Cade would be gone for a little while. He liked Cade, and John knew he could learn so much about life from the older man. But when it came to Faith, that was different. He didn't want Cade to be around and it slip out where he'd gone, well that was okay too. So, he simply nodded his head and continued on to the barn to brush down his horse. When he was finished with that, he'd wash up and see if Faith needed any help with dinner.

The ride to town seemed to take no time at all, but then Cade had been thinking about his short conversation with John. It almost seemed like the boy was happy to have him leave for a little while, and for some reason, the more he thought about it the more it bothered him. He tied his horse up and entered the Re Load Saloon. He took a seat at the bar, and like before, looked in the mirror behind the bar to keep an eye on the room. It was still early, so there weren't a lot of customers, maybe ten, or so. An attractive red head was walking down the stairs, then made her way to him.

"What'll it be?" The barkeep asked.

"Whiskey." The barkeep reached for an open bottle, but Cade stopped him. "I want a new bottle, one that hasn't been opened and watered down."

"It'll cost ya." The barkeep didn't even try to deny that his liquor was watered. Cade reached into his pocket and pulled out a few coins, slapping them down on the bar and snatched the bottle.

"Hey there Cowboy. See anything you like" A soft voice whispered in his ear while experienced hands rubbed little circles on his arm. It was all he could do not to pull away from the woman, he hated being touched. The cloying scent of her perfume filled the air around them, snuffing out the odor of stale smoke and unwashed bodies. He took two more good swigs from the bottle then turned to face the woman.

"As a matter of fact, I do." Cade gave her a lazy smile then lowered his eyes to admire the ample cleavage that her emerald green corset held up.

"What's your name honey? The woman purred, obviously liking what she saw.

"Cade Jacobs, and you would be?" He took another swallow of whiskey, thankfully he was beginning to feel the numbing effects of the whiskey.

The woman's eyes widened slightly, as she recognized his name. "Well, Cade Jacobs," she said as she ran her fingers up and down his forearm, "I'm Pearl, and this is your lucky day." Reaching out, she put her hand in his and led him across the room up the stairs and to her room. As soon as the door closed Pearl pushed him back against the bed. Her nimble fingers removed his vest and shirt in seconds, then they removed to his gun belt, boots and pants.

Cade laid back on the bed and watched as she began to strip. Her nostrils flared with excitement as her eyes drank in his sun bronzed chest then moved to his flat stomach then to the very part of him she'd wanted since the first time she saw him weeks ago. Long red finger nails slid slowly up his muscled thighs until they reached what she sought. Her painted red lips wrapped around him. Cade's eyes slid closed as he let her do what she did best.