f i n a l.

The Quidditch season had begun and it was the only thing people ever talked about since the trials began and everyone who wanted to be a part of the glory started busting their asses trying to get on the team. Baekhyun loved the smell of competition in the air. It was amusing to him to see people get so riled that they start spouting nasty comments about other people. A first year already got docked ten points from the Slytherin house for attempting to punch an arrogant little Gryffindor in his potions class. Baekhyun couldn't have been more proud when he heard that. It was ten points worth losing.

Baekhyun usually didn't indulge himself with breakfast, but his boyfriend started nagging him about his habit. It started from subtly hinting with "Maybe if you ate, you'd smile more" all the way to "Okay, you need to start eating breakfast. I mean it", which, in the boy's defense, was plausible, especially after Baekhyun almost fainted during a morning Defense Against the Dark Arts class. The bogart that came out of the closet was too much for him. For one, it was morning, so Baekhyun did feel a bit hazy. Second, the bogart turned into his worst nightmare. And lastly, Baekhyun felt light headed from not eating that particular morning. The entire event landed him in the hospital wing and into hot waters with his protective boyfriend.

After that event, Baekhyun made it a personal goal to go to breakfast at least four times a week, which explained why he was sitting at a sparsely occupied table, forking his english blue muffin to bits. He already ate two sausages and drank a cup of water, but when he looked up and saw his boyfriend at the Gryffindor's table hold up an apple, the brunet sighed. Begrudgingly, he reached over and took a fruit from one of the levitating bowls, which satisfied the boy watching him.

Baekhyun only rolled his eyes. Park Chanyeol was something else.

Captain of the Gryffindor quidditch team, prefect, and well-liked, Chanyeol was something Baekhyun never really considered dating until early on during their sixth year at Hogwarts. There was nothing wrong with the boy. He was more than six foot tall, handsome, and charming. Even his half-blood status didn't bother Baekhyun, who had nothing against anybody who wasn't pureblood like him or his entire ancestry. It was the mere fact that Chanyeol was a Gryffindor that made the brunet hesitant when he started noticing the boy's advances.

There was a list that Baekhyun made when he had to make a decision whether to start dating the Gryffindor or not. The first thing on that list was family approval, obviously put under the con section. Along with that, there was height difference, the fact that they were in different houses, different selection of friends, and personality clashes. The only pro to dating him was the fact that Chanyeol's face wasn't a sore to look at, and that he seemed genuine enough, which, at the time, kind of grossed Baekhyun out. It was honestly a headache just trying to think about the pros and the cons, but by the end of spring, Baekhyun found himself agreeing to date the tall Gryffindor. What he thought would only be a temporary relationship ended up actually being... nice.

-

-

"So..."

"Hm?"

"The Quidditch match next month..."

Baekhyun glanced over at the Gryffindor, who wasn't being helpful at all with their assignment. "What about it?"

"Are you coming?"

"No," the Slytherin immediately replied. He brought a hand to the latter's face and pushed him aside. "You're leaning on the instructions, Chanyeol."

Huffing, the giant of a boy moved away, but found another place to linger to watch the straight-faced Slytherin stir the cauldron in front of them. "You never go to any of the games."