Chapter 37

Dinah's POV

"I'm gonna talk to him for you...Normani?"

"Huh?" She broke out of whatever trance she was in, with a sharp intake a tear trickled down her cheek.

It's a Sunday morning and we were sitting on the stairs having a conversation about herself and what's going to happen since she's been really stressed out. I was suggesting for her to quit her job, I'm fine with just me working anyway, and for her to go back to seeing Dr. Anderson again.
I noticed she was zoned out at the beginning but I didn't really pay it much attention.

"Was it a flashback?" I asked, knowing all too well what the answer is going to be.

"Y-yea...I feel sick." She said before running up the stairs and heading to the bathroom instantly. I followed behind her, only to see her hovering over the toilet bowl throwing up her breakfast. I could barely say anything but just hold her hair up for her and give her soothing back rubs.

"It's ok baby." I reassured her. Sometimes when it gets too much she gets nauseous and carries up everything.

I helped her up and led her to the sink to get cleaned up. Handing her her toothbrush which she shakily took.

Her anxiety levels was so high it made me scared and anxious as well. Her hands were shaking and her breathing was a bit laboured. I directed her to our room where we sat on the bed. Positive of what was about to go down, I diverted her scared eyes to mine and started asking about the future, knowing that mentioning the past may not be the best thing at the moment.

"What do you want for Christmas baby?" It was getting close to the holidays and thought maybe asking what she wanted would make it easier for me.

"I-I don't know." She stuttered, breathing really hard. She began to lean over, starting to rock back and forth.

"Concentrate on your breathing Mani. Stay in the present." I encouraged her, holding her shaking hands. "You can get through this." I whispered in her hair, now crouched down before her.

"I just w-want you...I'm ok with that." She replied, looking up at me.

I stood us up and wrapped my arms around her, taking in her natural scent and her strawberry flavoured hair. Her breathing slowly but surely came back to a normal rate.

"Tell me what you need now." I asked her moments later.

"Can we go outside?" She asked me. I wasn't expecting this at all but I wasn't going to turn it down.

"Sure baby."

We got or sweaters on and our beanies and head out. We went out the back onto the patio bench where we sat cuddling up to each other. No words were exchanged but subtle glances and kisses every now and then.
Looking around the small backyard we had and over the fence a single pink flower caught my eyes. It blossomed beautiful petals and very small leaves.

"Close your eyes."

"Why?" She asked, curious at my sudden preposition.

"You'll see in a minute." I went over to the flower, reached over and picked it quickly. Making my way back, with my hand behind me in case she took a peek.

"Open." I said with the flower in my now outstretched hand.

"Dinah I swear to- it better not be a bug or something!" She panicked, as she tried to become one with the bench. This made me laugh.

"No it's not. Open." She covered her eyes with both hands, making an opening with her fingers on one hand, peeking out like a little kid. She's so cute.

"Babeee." She blushed when she saw what it was. She took it and jump on me in a koala bear hug.

"It's so pretty." She gushed admiring the flower. Art appreciating art. Who would've thought that's possible.

"Just like you, beautiful." I kissed her forehead.

"I love you Dinah." She looked up at me, with her doe eyes.

"And I love you too." I replied fixing her beanie.

"Mrs. Willis is going to kill you."

-

I haven't seen or heard from my family in a while so I guess a visit couldn't hurt.

After our fluffy moment outside she said she wanted to sleep so I carried her bridal style to the bedroom, laying her down ever so delicately and placed a soft kiss to her cheek.

That was about 2 hours ago. I took that time to call my mom and tell her we were coming over and did some slight cleaning around the house. I quietly did that not wanting to disturb the sleeping beauty upstairs. She haven't been having much sleep so I let her be.

I quietly opened the room door, peeking in, only see her in a bundled mess. Her hair was all over the whole place,her body holding on to my pillow ever so tightly. I went over to her and started to place kisses all over her face.

"It's time to get up princess." I whispered in her ear. She didn't have a cover on so I could see her skin where her shirt rode up. I grazed my nails over the exposed skin, bringing my hand further up to her back. She was just scrunching up her little nose and squirming under my touch the entire time.

"Stoppp." She whined, sounding muffled because of the pillow.

"Come on Mani, we're going somewhere."
"Ok." She groaned not even opening her eyes. I took this as an opportunity to play around with her.

"What're you doing?! Dinah put me down!!" She started kicking and hitting on me. I couldn't take it any longer so I bent closer to the floor so it wouldn't hurt and did just what she asked.

"Ouch!"

"Oh hush up, that wasn't a big drop." She just got up rolling her eyes at me and head for the bathroom.

By the time we were ready and was going through the door, it was a little past 4 p.m. In no time we were over my old home. We were instantly greeted by the two smallest of the house and the smell of food.

"Did you bring us anything?" Regina asked smiling. Seth was just there latching on to Normani's feet.

"No. What do you take me for, Santa?" She just rolled her eyes and stomped off. Normani was dying at our bantering.
I helped her take her coat off and hung it up so we could greet whoever's home.

"Hey Mom." I kissed her on the cheek.

"Hey Mani." She ignored me and went over to her instead, giving a her a big hug and kiss. She always do this.

Normani was then dragged to the living room by Regina, as usual, to play dress up. This gave me a chance to talk to my mom privately.

"How is she?" My mother pulled up the bar stool close to mine.

"She's doing her best... I just gotta be there for her and let her know that I love her and that she's safe with me...but sometimes I wish I could fix her..b-but I can't." I confessed.

"Exactly. You can't. And I'm glad you know that. Plus, she don't need to be 'fixed', she just needs to be worked on, a little help. That's all." My mom encouraged as she gave my hand a squeeze.

"I just love her mom." My eyes began to burn at the thought of my girlfriend and how much I love her.

"I know you do Dinah. From the very first day you came home from school and told me about that 'little girl with the pretty smile', I knew that that wasn't the last I'd be hearing about her." We both laughed at this.
"The way how you'd get excited every morning to go to school just to see her. The way how you'd look at her like she's the only one in the world." She smiled as she recalls my young days with Normani. "I know it can be hard sometimes, with her struggles and all, but know that I'm here for you ok. If you want to talk, I'm all ears,okay?" She made clear.

"Thanks Mom." I got up and gave her warm hug. "Ofa atu."

"Ofa atu DJ."

-

A somewhat cute chapter for you lovelies. It was the cutest I could go for this one.

I hope you loved this one 🌹