Confidence Issues

The cafeteria was crowed as always, teenagers screaming and running around the scattered blue tables.

Jeremy poked at his applesauce, tapping his foot on the tile. Michael wasn't back from 7/11 yet, so he had free time. What to do with it though he didn't know. Math homework would have to do for now...

"-Jeremy, seeing as you had so much trouble with Brooke this week, I've decided we're going to take things slower and work through your... confidence issues," the squip droned, popping up into Jeremy's peripheral vision out of nowhere. His eyes were sizing up jeremy for the fourth time that day.

Jeremy jumped slightly, groaning and rubbing the back of his neck. He glared at the sharply dressed figure.

"Ugh, I didn't wanna remember that... and what are you talking about- what confidence issues?"

"I am referring to your fear of sexual situations, and your excessively submissive nature," the Squip said blandly. Jeremy choked on his milk, face going blatantly red. "W-what the hell??" He choked out. "I'm in your brain, Jeremy, your insecurities aren't hidden from me," Jeremy grimaced, "-and neither are your... desires."

"And what am I supposed to do about it, then? No girl is gonna want to hang out with me besides... Brooke, but we all know how that went, apparently..." Jeremy groaned.

"I feel that that is the problem, 'no girl'," the Squip retorted. Jeremy gave him a questioning look, face heating up again. "Past occurances suggest to me, that you are not as interested in Brooke as you are in... a boy."

"W-what???"

"Make no mistake Jeremy, dating Michael is not part of your objective- that would certainly not help you be cool- but perhaps it would be easier to move on to Brooke if you practiced with someone you're more... familiar with first."

Jeremy's jaw hung open. "I-I-I'm not into Michael!" He whispered harshly, already aware he had been talking to thin air.

The Squip stared at him blankly. "Jeremy, your heart rate is up, and your blood has risen to your face. You are lying."

Jeremy said nothing, clenching his jaw and stared intensely at his applesauce.

"... so, what am I supposed to do?" He mumbled softly.

The Squip pondered this for a second.

"Well the root of your problems seem to be confidence, so I say you should practice taking control of your situation. To put it shortly, you are going to domimate Michael."

"WAIT WHA-"

"Jeremy! -dude, who are you talking too??" Michael laughed, bright blue slushie and hot dog in hand.

Jeremy looked up quickly, face flushed incredibly red. "Uhhhhh, just um, y'know..."

"Whatever dude," Michael giggled, wrapping his arm around his friend. "Pulse heightened," the Squip commently smugly from behind Jeremy.

The teenager just glared at the tic tac , before striking up his conversation with Michael again.
______________________________________