Shuhei Hisagi X OC 2 of 2

-After the events of the beast sword arch- (because i like the zanpakuto spirits! Spoiler warning for the beast sword plot.)

Shuhei had been busy with helping the others reclaim their lost or rouge zanpakuto, but once everything had calmed down his mind drifted back to that girl in the forest. he couldn't make sense of why she'd let him go if she really thought her purpose was to kill. he found himself wondering if Sandra's zanpakuto had gone rouge as well and because he himself had regained his powers but not made up with his zanpakuto spirit he decided to go look for her.

in the forest he looks around quietly. 'i don't see her... maybe she died.' he frowns. "sandra!" he calls and then waits for a reply.

"Sandra is no longer residing here." A dark eeree voice chuckles.

"who are you?" Shuhei shakes slightly as he reaches for his zanpakuto handle. 'that spirit pressure not only is it strong but it feels like... death...'

a dark cloaked hooded figure steps up from the shadows. "Shuhei hisagi... the one that got away." the dark voice chuckles and holds up it's zanpakuto. "Your a fool for coming out here."

"where is Sandra?" Shuhei draws his zanpakuto and faces the dark cloaked figure.

the figure laughs darkly. "you mean my former master... why not see for yourself." he moves part of his cloak to reveal a standing up but lifeless looking Sandra. "because we are bonded by blood i could not exist without her so the master had to become the subordinate."

"S-sandra!?" Shuhei stares at the scene before him.

"she can't hear you." the dark figure chuckles. "Sandra never did understand her full power... i am strong enough to take down the soul society once and for all yet she would have me hide my face in the woods!" he turns to Shuhei and points with a boney finger. "you are the only person to venture in this place and survive, but that's because she mistakenly believed you and her were the same! now i will finish what she could not. I, Shiketsueki, shall kill you!" the cloaked figure slides the zanpakuto across Sandra's arm causing a cut and her blood to run onto the blade.

'he's manifested like everyone else but he can't unseal himself without her so he left her alive... that monster! he cuts her every time he needs to release!' Shuhei holds his zanpakuto up. "Reap! kazeshini!" the two clash zanpakuto. 'i could hardly beat her the first time! this is going to be tough.' after putting up a good fight he gets tossed aside and Shiketsueki goes for the killing blow.

"hey!" Kazeshini growls wrapping his zanpakuto chain around Shiketsueki. "Nobody kills my master but me!" he growls and pulls the chain tight. he glances over at Shuhei. "finish him off we don't have all day!"

Shuhei nods gratefully and impales the hooded figure shattering the zanpakuto.

Kazeshini frowns slightly and looks away. "still not your friend." he grumbles. "i just didn't want to see you die fighting somebody else's zanpakuto."

"understood." Shuhei frowns and looks at Sandra laying on the ground. he starts walking over to her slowly remembering that dead lifeless look in her eyes she had before. "she could be dead... but i should just check..."

"there isn't a point." Kazeshini growls. "her spirit pressure is down to nearly nothing. if she isn't dead now she will be soon." he follows shuhei to Sandra and holds up his blade. "i'll end it right now so she won't have to suffer."

"wait." Shuhei frowns. "i think she might be ok." he bends down next to Sandra and checks her for signs of life. "she's breathing... of course Shiketsueki would have needed her alive... he was using her blood to release himself." shuhei smiles a bit. "i'm glad i wasn't too late... i don't care if you help or not." he grumbles and picks Sandra up off the ground. "but we don't have to be enemies kazeshini." he begins walking carrying sandra.