Chapter 4.

She could still remember the sound of her sweet voice when she sang. She remember her beautiful blue eyes and her perfect face. She remembered everything about her.

She was walking down the street when she heard her voice coming from a coffee shop, her heart stopped when she looked through the window of the place and saw her singing happily on the stage. She entered the place and listened to the voice she missed so much. And after the girl finished she couldn't just walk away without seeing her face, her eyes. She followed her with her gaze to a table, and she was surprised to see not other than Sebastian Smythe with a blonde girl waiting for her. But she was more surprised when the boy hugged her as they talked cheerfully.
And she felt jealous. In the past she had had the same relationship with the brunette, but it was for a short time. It all went away when Sue made the girl leave McKinley. She was sad. Finding out that all her TRUE friends had left. And her heart broke when the brunette didn't stay in touch with anyone, she just disappeared. And now here she was, laughing with the boy that once was their rival. She needed to know. She needed answers for letting their friendship fall. She needed to know why she stopped talking to her. Because, after they were gone, she still talked to Unique, to Jake, to must of them. She was hoping to see her in the last performance, when everyone that went to Glee club, from every year, sang 'I lived' on the auditorium, but was really disappointed when she didn't showed up and it really crushed her. Of course, she couldn't admit it to anyone, because she was supposed to hate her. Only Unique, Ryder, who found out by accident, and Marley's mom knew about their friendship. They were a secretive about it. It wasn't because she was ashamed of being friends with the brunette, it was the fact that she didn't wanted to lose popularity, which she regretted now. Maybe they would still be friends. Or maybe not. Who knows?

She walked to the back where the three people were standing, but she hesitated a little before talking.

"Marley?" She said unsure. She saw the brunette turn around slowly.

"Kitty?" Marley asked shocked. She notice the other two behind Marley gave her an also shocked look.

"Yeah, I just...I saw you and wanted to...to say hi. And it's been a while." She stuttered a bit.

"Yeah, umm..." Marley cleared her throat,"Yeah it's...it's good to see you. You look great."The brunette said awkwardly. There was a moment of silence. Neither girl knew what to say next.

"Okay..."Sebastian interrupted the awkwardness."It was lovely to see you Marley, but I gotta go home." He walked out the door leaving the three girls.

"So...Kitty, this is," Marley said."this is my best friend Sam."She introduced the two girls.

"It's nice to meet you, Kitty." Sam said, and they shook hands. Kitty's face turned a bit to a frown but quickly changed it so no one would notice. Sam did notice though.

"Emm...What are you doing here?" Marley question shocked.

"I was visiting my grandmother, that happens to leave to blocks from here, I went for a walk and I saw you, well, heard you singing so I decided to come say hi."

"Well, I better get going," Sam said and started walking to the door, "See you at home." She whispered in Marley's ear and ran before she could be stopped. They were silent again for five seconds.

"Do you wanna..." Marley hesitated to talk, but decided to continue,"do you wanna talk somewhere less crowded?" She asked finally.

"Alright."Kitty agreed. They walked out and headed to a nearby park they both knew. They didn't talk the complete walk. Both were trying to think how to start a conversation.

They finally arrived and sat down on a bench.

"So..." Kitty started but stopped, unsure how to continue.

"How have you been?" Marley questioned in a low voice.

"I've been good." Kitty answered.

"You still live in Lima?"

"Yeah, everyone still live there. And we still hang out." Kitty said, unsure of how that would affect the brunette.

"That's uh...that's great." Marley smiled.

"I been meaning to ask you, why did you left without saying goodbye?" Kitty asked her, a bit hesitant.

"I...I knew that if I said goodbye I wouldn't be able to leave, it would be too hard." Marley replied sadly. She regretted that for a few months, but then she met Sam and began to accept it.

"I suppose it's a good reason, but it hurt all of us," But me the most of all."we found out because of your mother."

"I'm sorry. We were best friends, I should've told you. I really am sorry." She took Kitty's hand and the girl shivered at the touch. Marley noticed and quickly returned her hand to where it was before, her lap, but she wasn't sure why her action made the girl shiver again.

"It's okay, I know it should have been hard for you." Kitty smiled a bit.

"Well, I should go now, Sam should be waiting for me but we should have lunch sometime, for the old times." Marley suggested and Kitty nodded enthusiastically. They both stood up and said their goodbyes. Kitty smiled as she watched Marley walk out of the park.
It had been five years since she saw Marley and she hadn't change a bit. For the brief time she spoke with the brunette, all her feelings came out again. She had forgot how hard she had fallen for her in high school and she felt like a teenager again, not a 22 year old. But she couldn't help but think, does Marley has a boyfriend? She hadn't show any sign of one. Maybe he just didn't show up. But would be kind of rude from him not going to see her like her best friend.
'I would go to see her every night if I were with her' she thought. But then shook off that thought. Marley would never be with her.
She walked to her grandmother's house. She came in and sat on the couch. She started to think in the brunette, how with just the touch of her hand for a few seconds made her heart flutter. A smile was shown on her face for a while and nothing could wash it away.

🎵🎵🎵🎵🎵🎵