1

Sam and Dean Winchester were standing on the road beside their '67 Chevy impala, a police officer was speaking to them but they couldn't hear and didn't want to. Dean looked over to his little brother trying to read his face, at his now dull hazel eyes, his lips pressed into a thin line, and no emotion being shown in his features. As the officer walked away Sam sighed, "you need to go" Dean was taken aback, "what?" he asked, Sam finally looked back at his brother, "I said you need to go, I don't want you here right now" Sam replied coldly, Dean was shocked but respected his brothers wishes, he got in the car and drove off. Sam just put his head down and walked away from the destroyed apartment building and went alone to a nearby motel.

Jessica Moore was dead.

- - - - - -

3 years later...

Sam Winchester woke up to the sound of his blaring alarm clock and his fiance, Madison's, groans as the alarm woke her up too, Sam chuckled to himself as he swung his legs over the side of the queen sized bed and went to the kitchen to make breakfast. As Sam finished making his meal of cheerios and orange juice, Madison finally decided to make her appearance, "good morning Madi," Sam greeted her, he got a groan in reply as she poured herself a cup of coffee.

A few minutes later, Sam was dressed in his suit and was packing his briefcase when Madison came up to him and snaked her arms around his waist and rested her forehead on his back Sam smiled and turned around so that he could hug her back and kiss her on the forehead before he said "I've got to go to work now" she looked up at him with a smile and said "ok I'll see you later hon, I love you" as she reached up to kiss him on the lips. Sam grinned like a dork as he walked out the door and to his car.

- - - - -

Sam was sitting in his office going through some paperwork when his boss stuck his head in and told him there was a case that they needed him to work, his boss informed him that the person he needed to defend was convicted of multiple counts of murder, credit card fraud and grave desecrations. Sam wondered what kind of person would do this kind of stuff as a guard lead him down to the interrogation room where this guy was being held. As he entered the room he immediately stopped cold, sitting there was the familiar smirking face of his brother, Dean Winchester.

446 words.