Chapter 9

Draco

I opened my eyes when Potter sat down, putting me down on top his lap, which made me a bit uncomfortable at how close I was to a certain area so I got up and gently as I could got off his lap and jump onto the single table, pretty proud of myself that I managed that distance. I sat down and inspected the food that was laid out in front of them, the wonderful smells all mixing together and making my mouth water.

"Here you go, Gandalf," Potter said, handing me a small piece of chicken. I was tempted to refuse it due to not wanting to eat out of his dirty hand but the smell of it made me change my mind very quickly so I took the food. Potter smiled and put a bigger piece of chicken on a plate for me with a bowl of water before getting his own food.

If there was a moment that I wished I had hands, it would be then, but hunger won out against pride and I bents down, having to go down on all fours with my butt in the air (And didn't I make a pretty picture just then?) and began to eat the chicken.

I was just about to eat my second helping of it when Pansy entered the Great Hall and I quickly sat up, hoping off the table and running towards her, ignoring Potter and his group's calling me back.

Pansy squealed with delight when she saw me, scooping me up and hugging me close.

"Oh Dra-gon," Pansy said, quickly remembering to use the name she had given the white kitten.

I looked at Pansy and if I was able to I would had one eyebrow raised. Dragon, Pansy? Really? Could you try and be a little more original, maybe?

"Hey, what are you doing with our kitten?" asked a very anger Ginny Weasley, coming forward to Pansy with a cross expression.

"Your kitten?" Pansy sniffed, unconsciously stroking my head. "I think not. He's mine."

"No, Gandalf the White is ours."

"Gandalf?" Theodore asked with a disgusted look. "What kind of name is Gandalf the White?"

"An awesome name and one better than Dragon," the She Weasley shot back. "Now hand him back."

"No." Pansy held me closer to her in protection.

"You know you should really look after your pets better, Parkinson. He didn't even have a collar." Ganger pointed out, Potter and Weasley joining her as she came towards Pansy.

"Well, I have him now, so there." I looked at Pansy in disappointment. You need to come up with better comebacks, Pans.

Pansy placed me on her shoulder so I had to have my claws out to balance and dig them into her shirt while she walked further into the great hall and sat on the bench and started to serve herself lunch as if the Gryffindors weren't staring daggers at her, Theodore sitting next to her and following Pansy's lead at getting some lunch for himself. The few students that stayed over for the Christmas holidays that had been watching the encounter between the Slytherin and Gryffindor's with interest also returned to their meal.

I gracefully jumped off Pansy's shoulder and went back to my plate of chicken, happily eating it. I gave a start when I felt something touching my back, looking behind me and seeing Potter has also returned to his meal and it was his hand that was stroking me, giving me a smile when he saw me looking. I watched him a bit longer before returning to my meals, pointedly not looking at Pansy, who I have no doubt is looking at me in shock.

OoO

I felt as strange sense of déjà vu as a watched Pansy pace while I was sitting on my bed, but instead of curling up like I did last time I was attempting to open the novel I was reading before this whole disaster happen, which was turning out to be a difficult task without opposable thumbs to use and trying not to damage the pages. I eventually gave up and sat there glaring at it instead, serves it right for not letting me finish it.

"Oh Draco," Pansy wailed. "What am I going to do?"

I rolled my eyes at how dramatic she can be. "No clue Pansy, but you got me in this mess, you can bloody well get me out of it."

Pansy fretted over my situation. "I don't know what to do; I honestly don't know what to do. I was going to take you to Snape but won't he deduct points from Slytherin? And I don't want that, it would be nice to win the house cup for once."

"Nice Pansy, really nice, the house cup means more to you than me being human, I can just feeling your waves of love towards me, really heart warming," I said with my voice dripping with sarcasm, glaring at her.

"I don't know Draco, I don't know," She whined again, causing me to turn my glare up a notch at her for repeating the same phrase.

"And I can't tell Nott, he'll mock me and that would just be awful." Her pace increased and so did the pitch of her voice before she slowed down to a stop and tried to take some deep calming breaths. I kept glaring at her, telling myself this was how I am trying to encourage her, with tough love.

"Okay, okay. Pansy, you have this, you can do this. You are brilliant and you will figure out a way to get Draco out of this situation. You will, you have to, you just have to."

"Talking to one's self is the first sign of madness," I told her in what I like to think was in a helpful manner.

"Alright, Snape will most likely be the best option out of, I don't know, none of my ideas, so I'll go to him, present Draco and beg for his forgiveness."

"What, not worried about our precious house points?" I sneered at her as she picked me up, getting slightly use to being manhandled but still not liking it all that much.