Chapter Five.

Chapter Five.

The next morning I woke up still lying on the couch with Jordan’s arm wrapped around me. It was a pretty tight squeeze since the couch didn’t unfold, so I was surprised neither of us ended up on the floor.

However, I didn’t know how to get out of the tangle. I was being held captive by his sleepy arms and his leg was on top of mine. If I moved I’d surely wake him.

Thankfully he ended up yawning and waking up seconds later, probably feeling my movement to fix the awkward position I was lying in.

“Good morning Aurora.” He smiled groggily with his eyes still closed.

“Morning sleepy head.” I looked at him. Even considering the gross dried up drool trail leading from his mouth, I still thought he looked pretty attractive waking up.

He opened up his eyes and we stared at each other for the longest time, until I asked if he could let go of me so we could sit up.

He laughed at me and remarked that he liked the position we were in, but after threatening to kick him in the nuts he let go of me, which ended up with me falling to the floor. I didn’t realize his grasp was what was keeping me from plummeting off the couch.

“Aurora I’m sorry!” He sat up instantly, but I could hear in his laugh that he was enjoying it more than feeling guilty.

But instead of being mad at him, I ended up laughing as well as he lent me a helping hand to stand up.

After that we ate breakfast and went off separately to wash up and prepare for the day, which I didn’t know what we had planned for. Obviously we couldn’t do anything too public because Mr. Bad-boy had to be an MIA criminal from the police. Hopefully I could finally learn today what he’s being tracked down for. But knowing Jordan, he isn’t easy to spill.

Once I took a shower and changed out of my pj’s to a regular black shirt and flowery skirt, I exited out of my room to find Jordan on the couch wearing a tight black shirt also, and simple light gray sweatpants.

“Do you have any plans for today or can I steal the hottie for myself?” Jordan smirked.

“Depends what you were thinking we could do.” I replied.

He went and stood at the other end of the kitchen island and looked at me with animal eyes. “I definitely have an idea but I know you wouldn’t like it.”

I felt my cheeks erupt in flames, but kept the conversation going. “Try me.”

He raised his eyebrows. “How about this sunshine, we do something you like and then once it’s over I become boss.”

I couldn’t help from feeling even weaker in the legs. But on a different note, I knew exactly what I had in mind for the day.

“Alright, well are you ready to go out?” I asked.

He nodded, and once I put on my converse, we left the house.

-

Me always being so innocent, made me fear anything and everything the minute I stepped out of the apartment with Jordan, scared an officer was going to walk by and take him away.

But honestly, why do I care? I just met him. It’s not like I care much about what happens to him.

You’re lying to yourself Aurora. I sighed. It was true; I did care a lot about Jordan. It was no lie I had some sort of feelings towards him.

Yet I hated myself for letting this happen. I hated the fact that after reading so many fan fictions and all these perfect relationships between two people who happened to fall in love at first sight, I thought that they were real.

 My parents always told me not to trust strangers, not to fall in love with someone you just met, to find someone who treated you with care and not just for a toy. But they also told me not to cheat on tests in school but it wasn’t my fault I forgot to study for the math quiz in fourth grade and just happened to see Jaimie Aldrick’s answers!

My mind was wandering all over the place, that I didn’t even know where I was heading. Jordan managed to make me snap into reality when he asked where exactly we were going.

“I- uh, oh right!” I remembered as I dragged him over to a building made out of mostly glass and windows.

“An art museum?” He looked at me with disbelief as he saw what the building was called.

“Yes!” I said rather too cheerfully.

“You’re such a dweeb.” He rolled his eyes. I indeed knew I was lame and a pretty boring person, but things like art made my mind such a colorful and interesting place with the deepest of oceans made of thoughts and ideas sprouting in giant fields.

But the mind isn’t always such a nice place…

“Please just enjoy the exhibits with me?” I pleaded with a hint of a whimper in my voice, which is what most likely made him accept my proposal.

But after looking at many paintings that held hidden meanings in them, I could tell all Jordan saw was blobs on a canvas.

If he even knew what a canvas was.

I ignored his boredom, and continued walking around and investigating the paintings. Most were newer, from emerging artists that wanted to become famous, but many were older and more known as well.

Further into the trip, I realized Jordan went off on his own in the galleries, still within sight of me, but just looking at the paintings that interested him more. I was glad to see him become more interested in something I enjoyed, even though I had no talent whatsoever in art.

But his interest was soon gone and he was trudging behind me as I continued through the colors.

“Aurora?”

“Hm?” I responded back to Jordan without looking at him.

He instantly pushed me against the plain white wall and started kissing me as I kissed him back. I stood there pinned up on the wall with one of his hands under my chin and the other on the wall. His body blocked me from even getting up, but I didn’t mind.

He broke the connection between our lips, with both of us panting and breathing deeply. I could just see the security camera’s eyeing us deeply, but I didn’t care.

“Do you want to go home now?” He asked.

I nodded, still taken aback at how sudden that move was.

Jordan and I sped back to the apartment, I didn’t really know why. Once we reached the room, I didn’t even get a chance to open the door after unlocking it.

I was slammed against the door once again, this time Jordan was kissing me even more roughly than before. Maybe he felt my worry that someone was going to walk by and call security on our public display of affection, or maybe he just wanted more privacy. Whichever it was, he lifted me up and I wrapped my legs around his torso as he opened the door without breaking out kiss and entered my house.

He sat me down on the kitchen counter and continued for another few seconds before breaking it off once again.

“Now it’s your turn to be boss.” I whispered and leaned in for more, but he bent his head away from my reach.

“I can’t.” He looked disappointed.

Was I not good enough?

I worried, hoping I didn’t embarrass myself as not reaching his possible standards for a girl.

“Jordan please.” I hopped off the counter and went after him. I grabbed his arm, but he rejected it viciously.

“I’m sorry.” Was the last thing he said before locking his door and leaving me standing confused and alone.

___

-INeedACreativeName