Haunted Hollows

Chapter Eight

  Rosa looked at Aurora, happy to see her safe but the fact that she was in the circle of dead life. Rosa glimpsed around the circle of dead trees. She walked to the center, feeling some sort of breeze, like she went into a magical boundary. Rosa snorted and quickly backing up, and breathed deeply in. Rosa watched as a wolf, you could see right through the wolf, no bones just blue highlighted lines, gorgeous silver eyes, but the wolf seemed annoyed. Then, more then a dozen wolves appeared behind the wolf. Rosa growled and in a matter of moments broke the silence. "Who are you?" Rosa barked, "No, who are you, that dares to trespass on our land?" the glowing blue wolf growled. Rosa stiffened up, but Halo took her part in her speak, "We are from The Hidden Forest,"Halo echoed, "We've heard of it, but why did you stumble upon this place?" the wolf growled, "We're looking for our friend," Rosa snorted, "Yeah, but I was hoping these two would find a personality!" Slate snorted at Rosa and Halo. "No one was talking to you, sir!" Halo barked at Slate and turned back to the ghost wolves. "We're sorry about that jerk," Halo lingered, "So, who are you?" Rosa asked the mysterious pack,  "I'm Silfra," the ghost wolf finally opened up. "This is my pack, The Eclipse Pack," Silfra said proudly, Rosa nodded. "But, explain why are you in our land?" Silfra repeated herself, "Well,  you're the wolves that I saw looking back at me when I was pretty much fleeing for my life from you," Rosa snarled, "Pardon me, but I believe that we thought you we're a threat for our kind," Silfra pounded her paw digging it into the cold dirt underneath her paws. Rosa just peered over at Halo, Rosa could see that annoyance on her face, she must have been upset how Silfra was interested in personal information but Halo has always been a personal wolf, she doesn't usually doesn't get annoyed this quickly though, so Rosa guessed it was either Silfra ticking her off, or Halo not wanting to waste time, it was almost nightfall and dusk had already arrived and had almost disappeared from the sky, ignoring the conversation Rosa took one long moment to look at the gorgeous sunset, she watched again as the moon rises with stars following it up into the new born night. Rosa heard Halo and Silfra argue over something, Rosa took a strong breath and tilted her head over to the pack. "We are going to the Sonora Desert," "Our home is being destroyed and being shattered quickly," Rosa sparked, "Our home is being destroyed every moment we waste our time here!" Rosa flamed, she felt her anger rising, you could tell she was annoyed about how the only place she ever knew was going to burn into a human settlement if they did nothing about it and these ghost don't need to understand why they are here and where they were going. Who they were going to retrieve, and fight for there home land. "Halo, Slate, Aurora," Rose snorted, "We're going." Rosa argued, "That's the smartest thing you have said...ever." Slate growled, "Hey, ghosts do you mind killing Slate, or keeping him?" Halo asked Silfra. "We're keeping all of you," Silfra growled. "Uh, change of plans, run!" Rosa spoke lunging forward, her paws bounded rock from rock spiraling in the air, she heard Halo's calm breaths becoming heavy, she was practically asleep, she seemed tired. I hope Halo can keep up, she must have been tired after the previous downhill sleigh ride. Rosa then took her mind over to Aurora, she had to talk to Aurora, about what happened when she was gone. Did they hurt her? Was she taken under her will or invited? What had happened? It was a total mystery for now at least. Taking her attention towards Slate, Rosa realized that Slate is a strong wolf, but he seems to think Halo and I need some personality? Well HE needs a better personality. But, Rosa hoped that he'll eventually open up and be a friend rather then a enemy. Rosa shook her head, she finally brought herself back to the real world. She watched turning her head back towards the chase, she saw Silfra gaining, she realized her muscles had started to clench she felt her strength grow into her body and she sprang forward dodging trees as she passed them, she felt her jaw clench, she heard beating paws behind her. Don't turn to fight, Don't turn to fight,Don't turn to fight, Rosa echoed to herself. Finally Rosa turned to see, Halo, it was always Halo but she was going to fast, Halo collided with Rosa and they hit a tree. Rosa stood up with Halo, "Halo, I hope you're okay but come on, I'm not losing you!" Rosa said, "Neither am I," Halo said sprinting off, Rosa started chasing her. But the one thing that rested in Rosa's head, Why did they want us? Why did they need to keep us? Do they WANT our home to fall? Rosa wanted to ask but she threw her thoughts to the back of her mind. She darted forward right into the situation. "Slate, Aurora, Halo! Follow me!" Rosa screeched, and turned up a hill and they all followed her, she felt her heavy breaths puff out of her body as she jumped rock from rock bounding between the trees, as she hit the top she saw then end of the mountains, but that doesn't mean there was a desert waiting for them, below them a normal oak and birch forest lay before them as long as they kept going they will be in the Sonora Desert in maybe one week. "Well, sleigh ride!" Aurora said excited and slid down the hill. Rosa rolled her eyes and followed Aurora, leaving dust behind her, she heard Halo and Slate following her, but she looked back seeing the ghost looking down, Silfra seemed to growl, but retreated her pack. Rosa sighed happily, she was safe, Aurora was safe, Halo was safe, and she was thankful Slate was safe as well. Rosa hit the bottom of the hill with Aurora, Halo and Slate. "Well, everyone okay? No one injured or hurt?" Aurora asked sweetly,  Halo nodded, Slate just growled and Rosa agreed with a nod, "I'd say in the next week in a half or so, if we continue we may hit the Sonora Desert, but how big is the Sonora Desert?" Rosa asked, "Huge, but lets say one thing, we must do it for our home." Halo smiled "For our home!" Aurora howled. Everything was going to be alright...for now.