Vampire and Slayer-(25 I'm Not Running)

I know. Astronomically rapid update, for me, right!? Haha. And I did all but 600 words since the last update.

Hope its good. :DDD

The picture is Vietta. I talk about it in the chapter. You'll recognize it.

Enjoy!

Song: I'm Staying Here (And I'm Not Buying A Gun) by John Wesley Harding

Playlist is the linky thing

Chapter 25

I'm Not Running

The way she threw her arms into the air, one just over a 90o angle, one just under, looked like someone from a girls' night out movies when the life of the party returns from a long absence. She was wearing a green mini skirt, black satin cami, green sunglasses with blacked out lenses, a green barrette holding her black hair up, and knee high black leather boots. Her curls were bouncy in their pulled-ish back nature, her skin translucent as if it was simply plastic wrap. Her green nails were glimmering in the porch light.

He stood behind her, brown board shorts with white strips on the sides and matching shirt neckline and arm bands matched his dark brown hair. His sunglasses were black, as was his shirt and tennis shoes. His skin, as well, was alarmingly see-through, but it was more obscured by hair.

I hobbled forward, the senses in me that came from the slayer in a frenzy, even though she was absent. I hadn't seen her since I had...um...Jackie. With broken fingers on broken arm, I shut the door. They stepped back in synchronization. Mr. Bloodworth leaned against the post of the porch and Mrs. Bloodworth stood in the middle of the walk way about a step ahead of him, hands on hips.

"What. The hell. Are you doing. Here?" I asked in a low acidic whisper, suddenly very aware of my mother in the other room. Maybe when I had first met them and had the privilege of reading their minds and learning that Ben didn't actually hate his mother I had a bit of respect for them, the tiniest bit, but now they were on my territory and they were invading on my privacy and my safety.

They exchanged conspiring looks. "Sassy don't you-" Mrs. Bloodworth began.

"Think, dear?" her husband finished.

"Very." She smiled. "How's your leg honey? The cast is intense. Whatever happened to my son's power? Does his current state not allow him to heal that?" she said it in a light tone. Her mouth was near a smile though. I suspected she knew.

"I don't know but I'd rather he didn't use them to fix these particular injuries," I muttered, angrily.

"Silly girl," she batted her hand at me.

"Hmmm," I wasn't in the mood for small talk. "Answer the original question," I demand simply.

Mrs. Bloodworth suddenly looked extremely bored and took out a nail file and started on her left hand, well-knowing they would all grow back by morning.

"See here, Slayer," I whinced at the title as Mr. Bloodworth said it. "We held up our end of the bargain, you got your army, now we are here to take ours. Don't think just because you two are happy in love and crippled that we will let it slide this once. I lost some of my best men to your kind in that stupid little battle, and frankly, I am in need of replacement. This is my start. Where's my son?"

He was working me into a rage. "He's at home, asleep, where you should be," I snapped and took out my little pink cell phone.

"Hullu?" a groggy voice asked.

"Uhh, honey, I don't know how to put this, but we've got visitors," that was his cue to wake up and get his butt over here.

"Whut?" he didn't get it. A few moments later there was a loud cuss word. "How long have they been there?"