Chapter 1

Heyy guys new story, which is dedicated to TaintedRain an awesome writer and a darn good friend! Tell me what you think ^^

------------------------

“98, 99, 100! Ready or not here I come!” I shouted as I started to search for the people. My mum and dad decided to invite everyone for my seventh birthday, and when I say everyone, I mean close family and friends and there were a lot of them. As none of us children really knew each other, we decided to play a game, to break the awkwardness. And it had to be the classic hide and seek.

I searched high and low for everyone, in 5 different rooms including the bathroom and kitchen, I have to admit they’re pretty good at hiding, seeing as I haven’t found anyone or maybe I’m just bad at seeking? I made my way to the sixth room, my own, again not finding anyone there, I sat on my bed and tilted my head up with my eyes closed. I mentally gave up. My eyes snapped open as I heard a creak. I stood on my bed and looked up at the wardrobe, but was too short, so decided to stand on the drawer, which was quite tall itself. I made a little jump from my bed to the drawer. I found my first hider! Excited I jumped up and down, till my foot just missed the edge of the drawer.

Everything was going in slow motion; I was falling back, as I felt someone else’s hand in my own. I saw a pair of blue eyes. I was pulled by the hand but it only slowed my fall. I landed on my back with a guy on the right hand side of my body. Pain struck through my arm as I gave a yelp.

“Are you okay?” the blue eyed boy asked me.

I heard footsteps coming closer as I closed my eyes.

I slowly opened my eyes, to be surrounded by people, everyone looking at me with intent eyes.

“Oh darling I was so worried, you should be more careful” exclaimed my mum.

I slowly got up and looked around.

“How can you get hurt playing hide and seek, I just don’t get it?” dad said with a slight chuckle in his voice.

“Sorry?” I said just above a whisper.

Everyone laughed.

“That’s okay, at least your fine,” mum said as everyone started to mind their own business again.

As everyone left the room to go outside again a boy came up to me. No one was in the room again.

“Hey, are you okay?” The blue eyes boy asked.

“Yeah, I’m fine, the sleep helped,” I smiled confused as to what I should say.

“That’s good, um, sorry, for hiding in such a weird place,” he said in a generous tone.

“No, don’t worry about it, please, it was an awesome place to hide, I’m just clumsy,” I explained a little surprised.

“Ha, I’ll remember that,” he laughed.

I smiled and looked away, as I was embarrassed. “You cut your arm,” I say trying to avoid the awkwardness.

He lightly pulled my right arm, “It’s fine, not as bad as you cut yours.” He said as he went over the long thin red line.

I winced in pain.

“Sorry, I’ll make it better,” he said as he quickly pecked my cut. “I’m Guy by the way” He said offering his hand to me.

Stunned I took his hand, “A… Amelia.”

He smiled.

After the little incident… and the awkwardness, we had a nice time; I would always try sit next to Guy, as he was cute, and funny.