o. EVERY 27 YEARS

◾️◾️◾️◾️◾️◾️◾️

◾️◾️◾️◾️◾️◾️◾️

EVERY 27 YEARS, the town of Derry, Maine, forgets.

The people forget the names of people they once treasured as friends, as companions.

They forget the faces of their children, people they loved more than anything in the world. People they would die for a thousand times over.

People move on with their lives. They wipe away the tears, kiss their significant others, clean out rooms, and they forget.

The memory is natural to be a little muddy when recalling it's youth. But it's not supposed to be downright blank.

It's wrong.

After all, the town is cursed. All the bad things that happen in the town are because of one thing. An evil thing.

A clown.

Eight people will never quite forget that clown, however. Eight people will never forget the fateful summer their innocence was stolen and run into the ground.

They won't forget the smiles, the bittersweet sunny days, the dark, cobweb ridden shadows, the slosh of sewer water, the kisses, the hugs, the tears, the love.

The fear.

The girl with streaming red hair and big, emotion filled blue eyes was afraid. She was always alone, after all.

But how could someone so alone be so afraid of it?

This is the summer that Summer Daniels never forgot.

As much as she wanted to.